Failed Dispute based on Sellers fake tracking number???

MrFidnee
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered a product and used paypal to pay.  Within 5 minutes after order the receipt came back with a different seller name, chinese symbols.  Immediately contacted Paypal and the seller.  Seller provided a tracking number from China Post to me.... and gave paypal a USPS tracking number.

I contacted USPS and asked about the tracking number.  That number was for a different address and person in my own town. Spoke directly to my carrier and she looked into it as well and came to the same conclusion.

I never received the items.  PAYPAL sided with seller based on a fraudulent tracking number!!  Seller has since disappeared and does not respond.

Suggestions??    

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrFidnee 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sisqmtnman
New Community Member
Scam artist seller provided a tracking # that showed USPS delivery from my local post office. Paypal saw delivery to same town and denied my dispute for not receiving the item. Went to my local post office and recieved a printout from tracking #. It was delivered to town in my post office delivery area but not my town. Different address listed and parcel weight listed at 30lbs. My parcel is under 15lbs. Still have not heard from PayPal after multiple messages that included pictures if printout. I will try @ask PayPal. Thanks for info.
Login to Me Too

sisqmtnman
New Community Member
Same exact thing here. I'm contacting credit card company to charge back paypal. I notified credit card company of possible fraud the minute i had no shipping information in PayPal's confirmation email.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.