Facebook taking unauthorised payments??

romanscott
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal Community,

I've recently had my facebook page deleted by Facebook for a reason they still have not explained, apparently it was copyright issues, but the email I received was from an email address that facebook said it does not own. Since the day my facebook was deleted they have taken 3 payments (amounting £140) with no reason. I have no receipts of what they are claiming to take the money for nor a logical explanation. I haven't run facebook adds in over a year. I'm absolutely fuming about this because I've lost my personal, business and artist page AND they are taking money off of me?!  

I've opened up the case in Paypal's resolution centre and said the payments were unauthorised, Paypal has now responded saying that they are authorised and won't get the money back for me. Now i'm worried Facebook is going to continue to take money via Paypal where I have no control over whats going on because the customer service is limiting and only online. 

Being financially stressed at the moment this feels extremely unfair and I feel absolutely powerless..  😞 Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@romanscott 

Sorry that you have to go through this specially this difficult time. I'm thinking that it's a Billing Agreement that you may possibly set up on Facebook. Have you tried checking if it is a Billing agreement? If no, you may cancel it.

Here's how : How do I cancel a billing agreement, automatic recurring payment or subscription on PayPal?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.