Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook shed ads a scam?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Facebook shed ads a scam?

same happened to me foolishly paid for the item and they disappeared. I reported it to paypal and they did nothing
Highlighted
Contributor

If you used credit card, take it up with fraud protection services. They credited me.
Highlighted
New Community Member

I ordered $75.00 shed. Order was confirmed via email. I was told item would come in (3boxes) shipped to my door. This was ordered Sept. 19 th. I haven’t received anything . Also contact phone number has been discontinued and not a working number. So yes, iT is a SCAM!!!!!!! Do not order.
Highlighted

Hi @1250Rockman,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received the shed you ordered! That's not cool. I'd recommend filing an "item not received" claim with PayPal for further assistance.

You can do that using your Resolution Center. Here is a link to assist you in accessing your Resolution Center to report his issue: www.paypal.com/resolutioncenter. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Highlighted

I found the website "unable to locate" and then replied to the confirmation email. Then I was told it would be delayed a while. After several more inquiring emails, nothing. I notified PayPal and no response. I will file a formal complaint. I will update when anything changes. I am shocked to know Facebook allows this and doesn'tam ! inform anyone when it's found to be a sc
Highlighted
Contributor

I got my 139.00 shed it was a .4 oz pack of post it notes. Ad has disappeared total scam.
Highlighted

Good to know. I WILL file a PayPal complaint.
Highlighted
Contributor

I also fell victim to the 75.00 shed scam. I also thought it was too good to be true the ad said they accepted paypal so if it was a scam I would be protected i thought. After not arriving for like 30 days i filed a claim with paypal which was denied.the co. Provided a tracking # and claimed it was delivered which it wasn't. Contacted USPS and gave them the tracking #. USPS claimed the pkg. was delivered but to not my address. I asked the weight of the pig. And they said it was 4ozs. Must have been one lightweight shed...lol. Now I have to get a statement from USPS stating the pig wasn't shipped to me.Meanwhile I'm still on the hook for 75.00 till I can straighten this mess out. I cant believe that paypal isn't acknowledging this as a scam. The way they beat paypal is by providing a tracking number for apiece of junk mail.
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't even know where to turn. Fb should be liable. Im out 139.00 the 4 oz package came with post it notes in it that said 11 by 16 ft outdoor building. They also said tracking number said delivered. I should have known better. 😞
Highlighted
Contributor

I’m gonna try visa fraud protection