Facebook shed ads a scam?

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor

I have been seeing a number of ads for a garden shed on Facebook for ridiculously inexpensive prices, ranging from$75-$159. Does anyone know if these are legitimate?  The following site has one for $75 and claims you can use Paypal. I would like to know if anyone knows about this site or has purchased this shed.

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

JohnQPublic2
Contributor
Contributor
Good to know. I WILL file a PayPal complaint.
Login to Me Too

Joedi626
Contributor
Contributor
I also fell victim to the 75.00 shed scam. I also thought it was too good to be true the ad said they accepted paypal so if it was a scam I would be protected i thought. After not arriving for like 30 days i filed a claim with paypal which was denied.the co. Provided a tracking # and claimed it was delivered which it wasn't. Contacted USPS and gave them the tracking #. USPS claimed the pkg. was delivered but to not my address. I asked the weight of the pig. And they said it was 4ozs. Must have been one lightweight shed...lol. Now I have to get a statement from USPS stating the pig wasn't shipped to me.Meanwhile I'm still on the hook for 75.00 till I can straighten this mess out. I cant believe that paypal isn't acknowledging this as a scam. The way they beat paypal is by providing a tracking number for apiece of junk mail.
Login to Me Too

Sammy1963
Contributor
Contributor
I don't even know where to turn. Fb should be liable. Im out 139.00 the 4 oz package came with post it notes in it that said 11 by 16 ft outdoor building. They also said tracking number said delivered. I should have known better. 😞
Login to Me Too

StGross
Contributor
Contributor
I’m gonna try visa fraud protection
Login to Me Too

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck! Please let me know how this all turns out, thanks!
Login to Me Too

Fogmon
New Community Member
It’s a total scam! I got a small package this week from China that contained a small pink rubber basket! I was able to get a refund through my credit card company.
Login to Me Too

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info and sorry you got scammed..I almost fell for it myself and I'm glad I put this out there for others to see and to see if I did purchase, if paypal would refund me but that might have been a nightmare too

Login to Me Too

StGross
Contributor
Contributor
My bank (who issued the Visa card) refunded the full amount.
Login to Me Too

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor

Thank goodness credit card companies will do that now! Thanks for the info! So glad I didn't go through and place an order, I was so close to doing it and I use a debit card, not sure if my bank refunds scams..I better find out!

Login to Me Too

Kkd683
New Community Member
I contacted PayPal right away after the website disappeared but I just received a message that they were going to try to contact the seller.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.