Facebook shed ads a scam?

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor

I have been seeing a number of ads for a garden shed on Facebook for ridiculously inexpensive prices, ranging from$75-$159. Does anyone know if these are legitimate?  The following site has one for $75 and claims you can use Paypal. I would like to know if anyone knows about this site or has purchased this shed.

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

StGross
Contributor
Contributor
I had same experience. Paid but no shipping.
Login to Me Too

wiggeroo
Contributor
Contributor
same happened to me foolishly paid for the item and they disappeared. I reported it to paypal and they did nothing
Login to Me Too

StGross
Contributor
Contributor
If you used credit card, take it up with fraud protection services. They credited me.
Login to Me Too

Alreadybeentake
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered one and the email was fake that they gave. Another time I ordered a pool they claimed to delivered. Paypal won't give me my money back since they said it was delivered. No pool is going to fit in a mailbox. All I got was some face masks
Login to Me Too

DM63
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute with Paypal and was twice denied. I finally sent a picture of the ad, the invoice stating what I ordered and paid for and documentation from the Post Office showing that what was delivered was a 7 oz package. Fortunately for me, the package was delivered to an address other than mine and I was finally able to get a full refund. I wish everyone good luck in trying to get their money back. I feel your pain. It upsets me that Paypal allows this to go on. I also flag any ad I see on Facebook that advertises the sheds, pools, dog kennels, etc for a ridiculously low price. How this helps even one person.

Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor
We know you will never receive your items. They are Losers.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525HX
New Community Member
I ordered $75.00 shed. Order was confirmed via email. I was told item would come in (3boxes) shipped to my door. This was ordered Sept. 19 th. I haven’t received anything . Also contact phone number has been discontinued and not a working number. So yes, iT is a SCAM!!!!!!! Do not order.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi @Temp20230525HX,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received the shed you ordered! That's not cool. I'd recommend filing an "item not received" claim with PayPal for further assistance.

You can do that using your Resolution Center. Here is a link to assist you in accessing your Resolution Center to report his issue: www.paypal.com/resolutioncenter. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

JohnQPublic2
Contributor
Contributor
I found the website "unable to locate" and then replied to the confirmation email. Then I was told it would be delayed a while. After several more inquiring emails, nothing. I notified PayPal and no response. I will file a formal complaint. I will update when anything changes. I am shocked to know Facebook allows this and doesn'tam ! inform anyone when it's found to be a sc
Login to Me Too

Sammy1963
Contributor
Contributor
I got my 139.00 shed it was a .4 oz pack of post it notes. Ad has disappeared total scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.