Facebook scams?

MS51
New Community Member

This Company advertises under a number of names eg dolores.store homemoon.store sunburst.store  the Zhoukou <removed>Trading Company

Apparently quality products at 95% below price advertised as limited stock, 1 item per person.

They're still on Facebook advertising tools and recliners at stupid money and recently £1000 folding electric bike for £22!!!

I know of three people still waiting for goods. Has anyone dealt with them already?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TJMilligan 

Loads of folks are getting refunds, you just have to open the correct dispute and follow the procedures.

The only time you have to fight a bit harder is when these scammers send fake tracking numbers, then you have to get some proof first and appeal.

Even someone on this thread said that they had had a refund, so whilst sadly you may have missed out, a lot of folks are getting refunds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

fergie1061
Contributor
Contributor

also using ARUTIN, SHOPIFY.COM and CYCLEDAM.COM (may be other sellers but all at it!) all offering items at stupidly low prices 95% off, but either no item arrives or cheap crap i.e travel shoe covers!!

Login to Me Too

Guidopoel
Contributor
Contributor

I have ordered a toolset with them just to see what they would send.

Just a bag of air of course.

So i have reported it to paypal and i am waiting for a respons

Login to Me Too

fergie1061
Contributor
Contributor

yep I have had three replies from them all wanting me to pay to send the crap they sent back! I Think NOT!! asked for pictures of everything sent them still trying to be smarmy about it Im less than pleased. Getting a hold of anyone ( eh robot etc) at FB is terrible, even they wanted  money to pull the offending pages down again WTF!! its their site AAAAAAAARGH!! rant over.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fergie1061 

@MS51 

@Guidopoel 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rungeek
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently they emailed me and said as I have a PayPal dispute that by PayPal law I wasn’t entitled for a refund  

Login to Me Too

Rungeek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry,if you initiated a dispute at PayPal, we cannot refund the money.

This is the PayPal rule,hope for your understanding.

For more information, you can also contact PayPal.

If you cancel the dispute, please let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you.   So this there response 

Login to Me Too

Adrian_Fry
Contributor
Contributor

I hope you didnt cancel the dispute with PayPal as its the only way to get your money back. First you must prove SNAD (significantly not as described), then wait for thrn to make a rediculous offer of 30% refund which you dont aaccept, wait until 1 day before they are required to reply, they offer a reund, then you have to return the item at your cost, then make a second claim for the return  freight ! Yes its painful but worth it 

Login to Me Too

Guidopoel
Contributor
Contributor

after a report to paypal, i have asked for refund by paypal, i got my money back.

Login to Me Too

Srele
Contributor
Contributor
Herotoy is scam site. I ordered folding electric bike and get a sunglasses. upon inspection of the shipment, I concluded that it was not a shipment that I ordered, I did not even pick it up, so it will be returned automatically by the post office. I open dispute and seller send me address in China to return package and then he refund my money. Can I get my money back on this way?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.