Facebook scammers

Crystal63
Contributor
Contributor
When purchases are made by off facebook ads I've either received items that weren't even close to what I was lead to believe and if I would try to take care of things myself I would get an offer pay me back but not the whole amount only half if it or I would have to pay shipping for a return and I've purchased a few items from facebook ads I have not once never received an item that made me happy. Not to mention the items never received is that because they never sent anything
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Crystal63
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you you answered several other questions I had

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crystal63 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Crystal63
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you you answered several other questions I had
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.