Facebook scam adverts

kitchherbs
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently ordered 2 different items from 2 different companies through Facebook adverts, the first was for a battery operated chainsaw the deliberately send a cheap hand chain.  The second was for a Solar floating pool ionizer and the sent a plastic tablet holder in each case they say EXACTLY the same thing " sorry your not happy with the product...keep and take 10% refund "  no chance then spoke to supervisor and up to 20%....No Escalated to Paypal for refund from this blatantly fraudulent  practice.  Explained everything sent pictures and original advert links, sent emails showing 2 different companies wording their answers exactly the same, the return address is exactly the same.  Told to send them back for a refund and Paypal washed their hands of it.  Lodged a formal complaint through my paypal account to be told after 7 days this email no longer exists so you cant even make a formal complaint.  I only use payal for the "Buyer Protection" that seems to be non existent and they allow the fraudsters to continue ripping off PayPal clients there has to be a way to stop this and recover our money.  Does anyone know who we report this to?   Any tips would be welcome but I am not giving up on this even if I have to take paypal to court for allowing this to continue. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kimmieg
New Community Member
I ordered the chain saws and got handheld chains.
Login to Me Too

prichardson
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 2 hand held chain saws and got the stupid small wire looking saw with 2 small metal circles on the ends. Not what was advertised. I called paypal they are investigating giving that place 10 days to respond.
Login to Me Too

Deejay001
New Community Member

I ordered same 2 products and Received a costume ring and some waterproofed for shoes!  Was going to go to PayPal but sounds like that is a waster of time!

Login to Me Too

alcatraz180
Contributor
Contributor
Hi YES I agree I honestly bought a mini chainsaw on Facebook then waited for several weeks only to receive a pair of gloves.NO chainsaw!!! The scam I know now works like this... You see this fantastic offer on Facebook etc then you purchase it through PayPal. Then something really cheap or useless arrives but this falls under the tracking number they gave you so when you lodge a complaint that you didn’t receive your order PayPal investigate the transaction and check out their tracking information to find you did receive the item even though you received something useless it shows up you did receive an item from them and the case is closed it’s a total scam and PayPal have fell for it meanwhile the scamming B******* take our hard earned cash and laugh at us because PayPal have sided with them!!! I’m not dropping my case either if PayPal don’t sort this out I will take court action also!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alcatraz180 

Never file a non receipt of item dispute if you received something as the seller would win if they could provide delivery of an item to you via a tracking number.

You should always file item received but not as described ie WRONG ITEM, then you would probably win a dispute on return of the item back to the seller (paypal would help with return costs if you have activated the 'return shipping on us' link in your paypal account). 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

At11649-
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered the battery operated chain saw and received the little chain I did notice on the packaging that it was mailed with a first class mail permit mailed with in the United States from a address in the US. I wonder if the first class permit number can be looked up to see what or where this company is based out off.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@At11649- 

If its Facebook then its nearly always China, they send from depots worldwide but ask for returns to China.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.