Facebook and Paypal

rsimons06
Contributor
Contributor

I need help! I purchased a cricut through facebook messenger and did not receive it, but was using my paypal app. What is the likely hood of getting my money back after I dispute it? I don't exactly have a spare $300 lying around to just let it go. Has anyone else ever had this problem getting scammed on facebook? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@rsimons06 

It depends on what payment method you used. If you paid with your bank it was likely sent as an echeck and will take 2-3 days to clear. Alternatively, paypal might have stopped the payment to review it as it was flagged by paypals internal security system. Also a possibility is that facebook just needs a few days/hours to process your order. 

If you end up being charged and do not receive what you ordered, I recommend issuing a dispute to regain funds.

I hope I was able to help, please leave a kudo if I did. 

Login to Me Too

rsimons06
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased it through another person selling in a buy/sell/trade group. They received the money and it is already withdrawn from my account and have not sent the item paid for. I reached back out to them with no response until I pretended to be someone else interested. Then I confronted them and they pretty much admitted that it was a scam and that I would not be getting the product nor my money back. That is the problem I am facing, this was my first time using fb messenger to pay via paypal. Facebook is showing that they do not have any customer buyer protection. My last resort is paypal will hopefully get my money back. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rsimons06,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received an item that was purchased. If the payment was sent as a Friends and Family payment, there would be no ability to open a dispute for Item Not Received, because Friends and Family payments are not intended for the exchange of goods and services. If that option is not available for the transaction in your PayPal account, then it is a Friends and Family payment. Only Goods and Services payments should ever be sent if you're expecting an item or service in exchange for the funds. That way you can be eligible for Purchase Protection.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.