Facebook Scam: **bleep**ou (sz) Tech co.,limited and Paypal protection?

DrStu
New Community Member

Hi,

Re: **bleep**ou (sz) Tech co.,limited

In May 20 I bought a product from a facebook advert, thinking it was being sent from the US. A child's bike seat bracket for an adult mountain bike costing me $26.99. At the end of June I received an unknown package from China, which turned out to be a cheap bike seat cushion cover.  It was addressed to me but no idea why.  I then did some searching on google and realised it was a scam, many people had done the same thing with different products.  The return address shows: Y&G F2P, Unit 5 Trident Way, Southall, UB2 5LF, which is apparently not even a return address.

As I purposely paid using Paypal (for protection) I raised a a dispute with the seller, who gave me two options, to return the product for refund (warning me in advance that it would cost more than I paid for the item) or to accept a part refund of around 20%.  This is totally unacceptable so I escalated the dispute with paypal giving all the info and pictures.  Paypal contacted me today to say that the seller has agreed to issue a full refund but first I have to send back to China within 9 days.  This will cost more than I originally paid!!!!!! I am trying to contact paypal to say why this is unacceptable but there doesn't seem to be anyway, trying to talk to someone in person isn't possible and I have been given 2 options, to post the item back and send Paypal the tracking No. or close the case!  

At the moment I think even Paypal is even a complete waste of time, it gives no protection whatsoever and just allows people to be scammed!  Has anyway had  similar issues and if so is there any way to get out of this?

Best Regards

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

lloydiesgsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  I have the same issue.  I opened a dispute with Paypal who closed it and found in favour of the seller as they argued they don't offer protection for reasons where the item is different too advised.  I am trying to complain to Paypal as they should take some responsibility.

Login to Me Too

Jinxy11
Contributor
Contributor
Mine was not Facebook but I had the same problem with PayPal they found in favour of the seller not once but twice and I had all the rip off conversations which I produced and still lost my money so there is definitely no buyer protection so beware what you are buying and where from.
Login to Me Too

Jinxy11
Contributor
Contributor
On my previous comment I forgot to mention an advertisement on Facebook for a realistic dog you can bend it into all sorts of positions realistic glass eyes and so on looks like the real thing it also shows videos of this miracle dog costs £25 plus p/p when you get it, it looks nothing like the 1 shown plastic eyes and nose with scrap material does not bend falls over guess what you have just been scammed I messaged the company and said I was sending it back for a refund they said it would cost me sending it to China but they would give me 5% then 10% I finally got 40%out of them which was only £9.80 and kept the piece of material my wife thought she was getting almost the real thing how disappointed she was I did not go to PayPal as I knew it was a waste of time after my 2 losses previously.
Login to Me Too

Welliesmum
New Community Member
Totally agree - shocking that PAYPAL appear to be validating this company. Posted 02/11/2020 - I am disgusted that I have had to pay the cost of shipping to China, for an item that I did not order or want As can be clearly seen from the original packaging, the company knew exactly what they were sending. In addition, the item was only sent from the UK The return address on the package shows: Y&G F2P, Unit 5 Trident Way, Southall, UB2 5LF I have since found numerous complaints about this company. This is a complete ‘rip off’ and worrying that your company appears to be supporting and validating their actions.
Login to Me Too

Julie63
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve received a item I’ve no idea why? Gives the same address you guys are stating as well! I didn’t order this item and I’m worried it’s been sent instead of a laptop I’m waiting on from China for my grandson that I bought through WISH. I’ve no idea who to contact about this supposed blue tooth mouse!
Login to Me Too

cookiep
Contributor
Contributor

I also received a random mini plastic silver bucket with the famous return address and spent $55.80 for 3 products which as yet haven't arrived. i thought these big companies were supposed to be supporting their customers and eliminating bad companies. I shall be putting in a request for a refund with Paypal but think this should be news worthy and will be looking into get press coverage now. I am the 21st person on this page alone. Think how many people they have scammed!!

Login to Me Too

Julie63
Contributor
Contributor
Follow up: I had a email stating I got what I ordered. Turns out they use pages of the pictures of a laptop with spec etc, all looking nice and on one page there’s a blue tooth mouse and THAT is what you get! So if you think you’re getting a laptop, it’s a poxy mouse that’s not worth £5! It wouldn’t even marry up with the laptop either, useless piece of rubbish which would cost more to send back! And these people show pictures of REAL dogs and REAL babies and you get a stuffed toy and a plastic ugly looking baby that’s nothing like their pictures ( well it wouldn’t be ). PayPal are coming on like Amazon where they let any con man company use their sites cos they get commission! It’s us that end up losing money!
Login to Me Too

Jinxy11
Contributor
Contributor
I had this argument 2 weeks ago with wish I ordered a gaming chair and paid £17 I did think it was cheap but any way I got a wired mouse so I messaged them and got into a argument with them after about 6 messages threatening them I got a full refund so it's worth having a go.
Login to Me Too

Julie63
Contributor
Contributor
They just keep telling me they’ve looked into it and I got what I ordered. I said listen I did not get what I ordered so stop sending me emails saying the same thing over and over. They came back with ‘you can send it back’ I said ‘ and pay you more money that I won’t get back’ ! I said you are allowing these sellers on your WISH site bombarding us with the adverts when we are on Facebook which always pops up when we are checking out our messages or seeing what our friends have sent out, then when we order something advertised, we get something entirely different and ALL you say to us is, you got what you ordered! NO, I f**kin didn’t pal! I didn’t order a dumb wireless mouse that don’t connect to my laptop so is useless anyway, I ordered what was advertised with all the spec of a LAPTOP. Know what I got back? ‘ We’ve checked out your order and you got what you ordered’ I just send a email back saying they ain’t getting no more orders from me because I will never know what I’ve paid for, cheap tat rubbish and lies about what they are selling
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.