Facebook Message

Scammers_grrr
New Community Member
My Friend sent me a message on FB messenger. I knew straight away this was not my Friend (it was her profile though). It said my Friend wanted to connect with me, my Friend was already connected and hasn't set up a new Account. Alarm bells rang so I contacted my real Friend to make her aware her Account had been hacked. I played Role Reversal with the Hacker and said "Oh Michelle I'm so sorry I still owe you money", I'm sorry I had forgotten all about it. Knowing I owe nothing to the real Michelle but I wanted to play the Hacker at his own game knowing this is exactly where this conversation would have lead too. I've taken all the Screenshots and now have been asked to send the money via Paypal. I've got their email address. Where can I report this sucker please as I don't want it happening to anyone else. I'm just smarter than them but sadly others aren't.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Scammers_grrr 

What you did there is indeed clever and we appreciate the effort you did there specially for your friend. Your security is our top priority here at PayPal and we do have a specific department who handles this kind of situation. In any case in the future, here's a link that can help you in this type of scenario:

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud-to-paypal-faq2422

Hope this will help you, stay safe now and God Bless!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.