Facebook Chinese Scams

Masters1
Contributor
Contributor

I made two purchases from Chinese sellers based on videos depicting their products on Facebook. Unfortunately both sellers were clearly scammers. One was selling a stainless steel electric food processor and the other was selling a projection bracelet that displays the contents of your mobile phone onto your wrist., The videos were ripped off from genuine sellers or science projects. The first seller (ZHECC LTD) sent me a cheap plastic Mandolin and the other sent a cheap 'sports watch' - both absolute crap. I have complained to PayPal and a dispute is in progress. The thing is that PayPal must know about these creeps and are willing participants in their various scams, because they make money from them! I am having to send these items back to China which is a nightmare in itself. Weeks before I may see a refund if ever. Initially these sellers offered me partial refunds of a few pounds. A good scam because most people cannot be bothered to send items back. It is time that something was done about this. I have learnt my lesson, never again will I purchase from Facebook adverts. Which is sad, because genuine sellers will suffer accordingly.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

TJ02
Contributor
Contributor

Zhecc apparently have just provided evidence to PayPal that I received my goods when I have NOT received them. So just got message from **bleep** play to say case closed...fuming. Filled out a form to make complaint about their decision and low and behold that page is temporarily unavailable. After you’ve filled it all on of course. Scammers ! Thought PayPal  were supposed to protect us as buyers.  DONT BUY FROM ZHECC

Login to Me Too

Rover622
Contributor
Contributor

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME MADE A PURCHASE FROM FACEBOOK OF A Portable Electric High Pressure Cleaner £25

IT SAYS IT WAS DELIVERED BUT IT WAS NOT AS I HAVE A CAMARA IN MY PORCH SO I AM NOTIFIED IF ANYONE APPROACHES MY FRONT DOOR NOTIFIED PAYPAL AND THEY SAID IT WAS DELIVERED ACCORDING TO THE SENDERS TRACKING DETAILS SO I LOST MY MONEY I ALSO THOUGHT PAYPAL PROTECTED THE PURCHASER BUT I HAVE FOUND TO MY COST THAT THIS IS NOT SO THEY ARE ALL SCAMS WHY HAVE PAYPAL NOT PICKED UP ON THIS I FEEL THEY ARE JUST NOT BOTHERED ( PAYPAL NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT IS GOING ON DO THEY NOT READE THESE POSTS )

Login to Me Too

Rover622
Contributor
Contributor

ZHECC., Limited

Login to Me Too

Serenitygr
Just had the exact same issue- I’m furious! Their “tracking” shows I received item and I never did! I do ordered a snow globe decoration.
Login to Me Too

dcl1963
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered what was supposed to be 2-Lifelike dolls from Betofirst in China. I received 2-9" plastic dolls with no clothes. It took Paypal over a month to investigate this, and now denied my case. I'm not happy at all. I'm trying to appeal their decision, and I've tried for 5 days and cannot find a place that says appeal. I've asked for help at least once a day and not getting any. Time will run out and I'll be out that money. Thanks alot, Paypal.

Login to Me Too

dcl1963
Contributor
Contributor

Update-I finally did get the help I needed to dispute and received my money back. I learned a lesson. dcl1963

Login to Me Too

Masters1
Contributor
Contributor
The sellers were blatant fraudsters, but fortunately by following PayPal’s dispute procedure I eventually received a full refund and postage costs of both items. It was a bit touch and go because initially in one case PayPal decided against me in favour of the seller, even though I had followed the return procedure to the letter. However a phone call to customer services reversed this decision. I believe that PayPal is having COVID-19 staffing issues, so it is unrealistic to expect matters to run smoothly at this difficult time. However lesson learned- don’t buy from fancy adverts on Facebook.
Login to Me Too

Jean0221
Contributor
Contributor
I had two same experiences; I had made two purchases on the same day because I had no idea what they can possibly be fraud. I purchased shoes washing machine (they give option of basic and multifunctional) and I chose basic. Had I known what basic was I wouldn’t have purchased. They sent a small plastic collapsible bowl. It can only hold half of my shoe and I paid $34, which I can find it at a dollar store. I also purchased electric spin scrubber with extension pole and brushes. This is the exact description of the product and did not have any other purchasing option. They sent only the three replaceable brushes that I can’t use without the scrubber machine. I disputed for the shoes washing machine because I thought I had not received it but turns out I had already received it which was a bowl. PayPal closed the dispute because the vendor provided the tracking info for the bowl I received. Once the case is closed, you cannot open it back so I just lost $34 and left with a plastic bowl. I’m currently in dispute for the other one but PayPal seems to be in favor of the vendor and does not provide protection for consumers against these fraudulent activities. By the way, these Chinese companies are willing to refund with $5 fee, 25% restocking fee and if the items are returned to China address. It will cost more to ship to China from the US and my time.
Login to Me Too

Masters1
Contributor
Contributor
My case was initially ruled in favour of the vendor, but infuriated I phoned PayPal and talked with an agent. He immediately ruled in my favour and within hours I received a full refund and also postage costs. It is worth phoning PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.