FURIOUS! Case dismissed by PayPal Resolution Centre, even though no proof of delivery!

screencraft
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, PayPal have informed me they have closed my case because the supplier said tracking showed it had been delivered - but I asked the supplier for proof, like my signature, and they have just gone silent! As have PayPal! I cannot see how to reopen my issue, no way to tell PayPal I am FURIOUS because they high-handedly closed this without proof of delivery - I AM DISGUSTED! PayPal are not doing their job properly! I have no recourse, I am just shut down, and they believe a Chinese company over me, their customer for 20 years or more! This is how to lose your loyal customers, PayPal!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@screencraft 

They may very well have fake (or legit) tracking info saying "delivered" and I am surprised that PayPal doesn't provide at least the tracking number to so you can go find your parcel. Since PayPal have already closed the case, unless it doesn't let you appeal the closed case in the resolution center under the Closed Cases tab, and you paid with credit card, you may opt to take your dispute to your card issuer as per the section "Dispute with us or your card issuer" of Buyer Protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_GB#buyer-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@screencraft 

They may very well have fake (or legit) tracking info saying "delivered" and I am surprised that PayPal doesn't provide at least the tracking number to so you can go find your parcel. Since PayPal have already closed the case, unless it doesn't let you appeal the closed case in the resolution center under the Closed Cases tab, and you paid with credit card, you may opt to take your dispute to your card issuer as per the section "Dispute with us or your card issuer" of Buyer Protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_GB#buyer-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jammed
New Community Member

I was also shocked that Paypal would resolve a case without confirming the tracking info, or at least the delivery date !  I recently had a spate of orders delivered to a neighbor who had every address number but one the exact same as mine.  The only common denominator of all of these deliveries was that they were processed through Paypal.  I met the neighbor and she returned some of the packages to the post office, but she had three orders that she returned to me.

So with this being a recent case, Paypal didn't determine what could have happened to this one order from China that was over $60.

I am not so naive to also consider that this merchant may have figured out the way to scam Paypal and the customer with fake tracking info too.

Login to Me Too

ShoppingCD79
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same has happened with my claim. The supplier gave a tracking number which didn't belong to my delivery. PayPal were happy just getting any number and didn't bother to check if it related to my order!

I have photographic proof from Australia Post that the tracking number belonged to somebody else but PayPal don't care they still closed my claim.

Disgusted too that they believe a Chinese company over me, another loyal customer.

Theres seems no way other than emailing their Australian executive team  but they only send an automated response but haven't resolved the matter. 

Will be taking this to the Financial Ombudsman. 

Login to Me Too

Drutherford
Me too. In my case I returned an item to a Chinese seller not as described through PayPal. Despite providing the tracking number through Australia Post eParcel, PayPal closed the case as a tracking number was not provided. My parcel was held up in Chinese customs but it seems PayPal does not bother to help consumers resolve disputes even when the requested information has been provided (I have an email from PayPal with the number and Australia Post reference and image of the receipt) and does not provide any warning in cancelling a dispute. There does not appear to be any way to reactivate an incorrectly closed dispute. Absolutely appalling service.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.