FRAUD !! REMOVAL OF FUNDS FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR AN EBAY PURCHASE FROM A SELLER CALLED LLADROGURU

SDCA1
Contributor
Contributor
Withdrew Funds to a Bank Account
May 8, 2020 at 12:43:11 PM PDT
Transaction ID: 5AH11438JB482383R
Payment Status: COMPLETED
Gross amount
-$381.29 USD

ALSO TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD !  I WANT THE FUNDS TAKEN WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE RETURNED TO ME.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SDCA1 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SDCA1 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ambrnaum
New Community Member
There is an academy known as " Shaw Academy".They took 3 transactions worth £29.99 each. And yesterday I found out another £45.15 has been deducted from my PayPal funds. Please , please assist me.I am not going to pay back for anything that I don't owe. Requested several times to hold and cancel the transactions.No action yet taken.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ambrnaum 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp20200602
Contributor
Contributor

@Ambrnaum @kernowlass this is happening to hundreds, if not thousands of us.  

@Ambrnaum join this group and it explains how to try and get your money back: <removed>

@kernowlass What do you suggest we do?  How do we alert the PayPay fraud team directly?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.