FRAUD HELP

ESH1991
New Community Member

I'm panicking as my FB has been hacked and loads of advertising purchased

I paid for one thing on FB using PayPal back in Feb 2019 (a friend's fundraiser for her b'day) and never have bought advertising. I'm upset the two systems have linked / remembered my details and been used without authorisation.

This payment was made out of my account at the trigger payment setting of £17 (as issues by FB) and is now continually accruing.

My bank will not stop the charges until I can speak to PayPal but I cannot get through due to out of hours.

I am very stressed as I don't understand why I cannot disconnect my bank account from Paypal - it saids because of the linked FB payments being generated but they're fraud and I'm just watching my money disappear about £20 per hour!

Is there a 24/7 fraud account I can ring from the UK? Or anyway to disconnect my linked bank account I'm not seeing?

Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

If you suspect that someone has made an unauthorised payment using your PayPal account, here's how to report it:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/ and log in to your account.
  2. From the ‘More’ drop-down menu near the top of the page, select Resolution Center.
  3. Select the 'Report a problem' tab, then click Report a problem.
  4. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  5. Select the payment in question and click Continue.
  6. Select that you want to report this payment as unauthorised and follow the on-screen instructions.

We review this information carefully. We can usually let you know the results of our review within 10 business days.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.