FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD, and paypal does NOTHING about it!!!

Boatsguy
Contributor
Contributor

So twice now I have been the victim of FRAUD from a paypal transaction, and twice now paypal has sided with the seller. I recently purchased a garden sprinkler controller online using paypal. I never received the item and opened a dispute with paypal. I supplied my receipt and order information, and they said they needed to give the seller WEEKS to respond. I waited WEEKS, and finally received a small package in the mail that contained a simple golf pencil. A few days later I got 3 emails from paypal, one showing me a tracking number (supplied by the seller), another 2 notifying me my case was closed. This is FRAUD!!! I have tried to respond in the resolution center with pictures of the package with the tracking number given by the seller that contained only a small pencil, no way the package could have possibly held a sprinkler controller that I ordered, but they will not accept any further information.

HOW DOES paypal LET PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THIS FRAUD???

I have tried the message center but it will not let me respond to a closed case. Is there a phone number buried somewhere where I can use to actually speak with someone?

My other dispute was similar, ordered an expensive watch on ebay, and never received it. Seller was somehow able to show a UPS tracking number of a package being delivered to my city. UPS showed the package was delivered, I could not find it at my home. I went to the UPS office and the tracking number was for a large box being delivered to a tile company. I was able to take a screen shot of the tracking information showing it was never addressed or delivered to me, but again paypal sided with the seller. On this previous occasion I went to my bank and disputed the transaction and was refunded my money, guess I am going to have to do this again with my recent FRAUD purchase.

WHY DOES paypal SIDE WITH THE SELLER WHEN SHOWN INFORMATION PROVING FRAUD?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kgantt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going though the same thing right now.  I tried to stop it before the money was sent as a unauthorized purchase. They did not even look at any of the stuff I sent them  web link to the item. Company used 4 or 5 different email address, a physical address in Michigan with a Alabama 205 area code. I requested the money back from the seller, then TODD that i was online with replied " It appears the merchant has canceled the transaction and the payment is pended." Still can not open another claim Pay Pal must be part of all the scams going to my bank and just file fraud claim on Pay Pal...

Login to Me Too

Obatala
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what I’m dealing with I have email correspondence showing the seller was a fraud and PayPal keeps playing games extending out the case for the seller. I am hounding them daily
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.