FAKE PUMPKIN SCAM AND PAYPAL IS DENYING REFUNDS TO CUSTOMERS

rrarnold

I ordered 3 animated pumpkins that are supposed to blue tooth and their eyes, mouth, and whole face move TO the music with funny faces. There is supposed to be like a project screen inside of them for the animation. There is not. The much smaller size than advertised pumpkins are hard plastic and their faces are painted on. They clearly do not animate to the music. The pumpkins I received are clearly not the 45.95 product that I ordered. I now see many many people complaining about the same product. Alot of people are being scammed. Now I hear the company has changed their name and they continue to scam people. I would have NEVER ordered the product that I ended up with let alone pay that much money for them. We the consumers need help with this scam as it continues. I have also heard people say that they are contacting Paypal and being told that since they received a product that their claim is denied. We need help to get our money back and stop this scam. Paypal denied my claim because I received 'A' product.  But the product is not the correct product and by far inferior to their ad.  THERE IS NO WAY TO GET BACK INTO THIS CLAIM TO EXPLAIN WHY I STILL NEED A REFUND. THIS IS HAPPENING TO MANY PEOPLE 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DMZ176
Contributor
Contributor

September 11, 2020

I order jabberin-jack-animated-talking-pumpkin for $69.99. The item i received was not the item I ordered. It was three cheap plastic pumpkins you can buy in a dollar store.  I contacted Homeplaythings.store, the company was Haizhide E. Commerce Co LTD. They haven't responded. I paid from my paypal account. I thought this was a legitimate website to order these items. I was very disappointed today when i received the item. It was not what i ordered. I submitted the website and photos of what I was supposed to received. I am shock this was advertised online to buy. They were saying sorry and we made a mistake and fought with me saying they wanted to give me a partial refund.  I told them absolutely not!! In the end I wind up paying to ship the garbage pumpkins back to China and PayPal refund me. So now its a waiting game to get my refund back from this company. This company is still advertising items and these items are from other websites they use to scam people. I made reports to the Federal trade commission and Rip off report. I cannot believe this company is still advertising. I hope that PayPal suspends their account.  If anyone has run into this problem its better you ship it back. PayPal will refund you up to $30.00 for shipping.  So anyone having this similar problem you are better off shipping it and getting a receipt from the post office. Upload to PayPal and they will refund you. After that you have to wait for the refund from the company.  Please take photos of the website and order. Also when item is received take photos of the item. So in case they need proof you have it. Make sure you use PayPal email to communicate with these companies. You have a conversation log with them that PayPal can view. Good luck to all and God bless. 
Login to Me Too

arcanerealms
New Community Member

Same problem here. Based on a local news story it appears a lot of people got scammed. Paypal denied my claim because the seller provided a tracking number for shipment, completely ignoring the fact that I never received the product I ordered. I'm very disappointed in their so called buyer protection policy. It seems this is exactly the type of fraudulent activity it's supposed to protect us from. Major fail Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Wondonsoup
New Community Member
Completely agree. It's a total bait and switch scam. Cant believe this is allowed According to everything I've read, I can sell something online for $100 and as long as I send them something in the mail with a tracking number, the person I scammed can't do anything about it. You have failed paypal.
Login to Me Too

3Bs
New Community Member
I order 9 of them that cost me 89.99 and received junk which the company refunded me 54.00 of my money never again will I order from them again
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rrarnold 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

DID YOU OPEN A DISPUTE FOR NON RECEIPT OF ITEM INCORRECTLY IF RECEIVED OR ITEM RECEIVED BUT NOT AS DESCRIBED? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.