FACEBOOK SCAMS

oshginva
New Community Member

I am concerned about scams that involve advertising products for sale on Facebook, and encouraging people to purchase them using PayPal. I confess that I was suckered into one such ad, and ordered a product that I now suspect may have been a scam. The company is based in China, and I suspect it is one of these Chinese company fronts. I have tried to contact PayPal in an attempt to cancel the order, but nobody seems to be responding. The order is showing as "pending" on my PayPal account. Anyone experienced this, and have any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Unfortunately i fell into the same trap from the zappom site and thought that paying through paypal was safe and i would have my purchase protected in case of a scam but after 4 disputes on two transactions paypal has ruled in their favour everytime. I want to close my paypal account but I can’t delete my banking information and paypal is not assisting with that either. Probably going to have to close my bank accounts! Paypal just wants their fees !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.