Extrotake.com Textbook "Substantially Not as Described" Scam

THTX
Contributor
Contributor

Just to give a heads up on but another scam site.  Extrotake.com  Domain name/website created 11/16/2020.  Runs through Shopify and advertises on Yahoo.com news stream through Verizon advertising.  Probably also advertises on Facebook but have not looked for it.  It is the site that oversold the abilities of the dancing robot, pose-able dogs that the video shows only live toy dogs to make you think their real toy does the same, etc. during Christmas season.  I got suckered on a Radio Control Chinook CH-47 that I find they now just lifted videos from Youtube.

Textbook "Substantially Not as Described" Scam. Ordered $67.99 RC helicopter, received $3 helicopter suitable for a 4 year old. Website posted return policy was full refund if order was not shipped, and return shipping paid by seller if wrong item shipped. After 15 rounds on two threads (often with a different woman's name on it), each would offer odd credit amounts like $13 and to keep the item shipped to "settle this matter". Finally said I could get a full refund if I shipped the $3 item back to China (was sent from New York). Return shipping cost would have been $87 to return.

Fortunately, I had used Paypal and got a full refund. Paypal flagged the company. Shows up in Paypal records as  (when translated to English) Shenzhen Jiamulan Technology Co., Ltd.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.