Extra Charge Initiated through PayPal when Using Chick-Fil-A App

LMB1957
Contributor
Contributor

Bought lunch today using the mobile app.  Received notice that I was charged $1.00 in addition to the cost of my meal.  I called Chick-Fil-A Customer Service and was told that this charge is not from Chick-Fil-A, they don't add a service charge.  I tried to dispute it in the PayPal activity, but the transaction is being blocked from doing so.  Why is PayPal charging me $1.00?  IF Chick-Fil-A app didn't post the charge, who did?  Please delete this transaction.  Chick-Fil-A didn't initiate it and shouldn't have to refund money if the PayPal connection is incorrect.  Have other Chick-Fil-A customers reported problems to PayPal about this?  4/15/19

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

pcharris2020
New Community Member

This happened to me as well and it took 4 days for the $1.00 charge to drop off my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

LMB1957
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted Chick-Fil-A when it happened and was told the charge didn’t originate with them. Since I couldn’t talk with anyone at PayPal, I assumed it was something they did so Customers of the restaurant would pay extra for eating there.
Login to Me Too

DellW

Happened to me today. I see many are stating that the charge drops off. If that’s the case, then why initiate the charge on your account in the first place? As I read further, many are stating that after a few weeks the charge has not dropped off. I won’t be eating at Chick Fil A again until this is resolved. Will be sending an email to Chick Fil A that I’m on on my way to Popeye’s 2 blocks down until this practice is stopped whether it’s PayPal or Chick Fil A responsible 

Login to Me Too

Gscentsy
Contributor
Contributor
Did your charge ever drop off? I still have one from April 2020 that is still on my account.
Login to Me Too

LMB1957
Contributor
Contributor
No. No one would admit responsibility. I deleted the app and use the drive thru when I occasionally go there. Someone is making money on using PayPal services to pay Chick-Fil-A. Being wiser on the apps I download on my phone.
Login to Me Too

johokie93
New Community Member

Happened to me today as well. Couldn't find any mention on the ChickFilA app either. Will wait to see if charge disappears but I'm not feeling lucky. I wonder if it happens if you just use a credit card on the app instead?

I will say this kind of makes sense -- PayPal is free if it's personal, but it costs a fee to the recipient if it's a business (or similar, like a not-for-profit that isn't tax free). Suppose they're passing the fee onto the customer, but then ChickFilA should know about it. Someone isn't fessing up....

Login to Me Too

JessDeg22
New Community Member
Mine always drop off.
Login to Me Too

Annie138
Still happening 2 years later!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.