Etsy purchase not received

Lovecures
New Community Member
I bought something through from Etsy and the only way to purchase was through paypal. I did not sign into my account when doing so, but I never received the item. I have been trying for a month to get my money back. Etsy says I have to go through PayPal, but none of the numbers I've called have done any good, and keep disconnecting me. I am very frustrated and just want my money back. I have the transaction ID for the etsy purchase, but they keep asking for my account info. I did NOT use my account to purchase the item, so I cannot file the dispute through it because it is not on my account. I purchased the item in October, and haven't received it or a refund and I am very upset at this point.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lovecures 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.