cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Etsy ordered seller to refund, PayPal closed my case without issuing refund.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Etsy ordered seller to refund, PayPal closed my case without issuing refund.

A seller in India advertised semiprecious gemstones in lots of 50 and 100 carats on Etsy.  I purchased one unit each of 5 different gemstones.  They didn't come for over a month, two weeks past the delivery date and the seller wouldn't give me a valid tracking number, but gave me 4 different invalid tracking numbers.  I opened a case through Etsy and through PayPal.  They finally came, but they were substantially different than the listings described.  I received less than 5 carats of each gemstone and they were of a much inferior quality than shown in the listing photos.  Etsy agreed that what I received as substantially different and ordered the seller to refund.  But PayPal ruled on the "not received" case and won't let me open a "substantially different" case against this seller on this transaction.  Is there anyway to open a new case?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Etsy ordered seller to refund, PayPal closed my case without issuing refund.

@Justagirl2 

You'll need to message PayPal to have the Item Not Received case reopened and changed to Significantly Not As Described.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Click "Message Us" in the "Other ways to contact us" section. Be sure to provide the PP case ID number in the message.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Etsy ordered seller to refund, PayPal closed my case without issuing refund.

I did that.  It said the matter was already resolved and terminated the convo.