Etsy ordered seller to refund, PayPal closed my case without issuing refund.

Justagirl2
New Community Member

A seller in India advertised semiprecious gemstones in lots of 50 and 100 carats on Etsy.  I purchased one unit each of 5 different gemstones.  They didn't come for over a month, two weeks past the delivery date and the seller wouldn't give me a valid tracking number, but gave me 4 different invalid tracking numbers.  I opened a case through Etsy and through PayPal.  They finally came, but they were substantially different than the listings described.  I received less than 5 carats of each gemstone and they were of a much inferior quality than shown in the listing photos.  Etsy agreed that what I received as substantially different and ordered the seller to refund.  But PayPal ruled on the "not received" case and won't let me open a "substantially different" case against this seller on this transaction.  Is there anyway to open a new case?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justagirl2 

You'll need to message PayPal to have the Item Not Received case reopened and changed to Significantly Not As Described.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Click "Message Us" in the "Other ways to contact us" section. Be sure to provide the PP case ID number in the message.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Justagirl2
New Community Member

I did that.  It said the matter was already resolved and terminated the convo. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.