Estival Co.,Ltd funning sky FRAUD

kmg60
New Community Member

Used PayPal to purchase an animated life size Grinch. What came was a stuffed toy you would get at a carnival. Photo showed Grinch standing and turning head. not what came. filed a claim and was told to return it to company in China which would cost $65 Not worth the cost even though U paid $77. No help from payp[al What I orderedWhat I orderedWhat I receivedWhat I receivedWhat I orderedWhat I orderedWhat I receivedWhat I received

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmg60 

ok, but as you haven't said which dispute you opened and what happened then sadly can't advise apart from don't buy tat from china. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LisaVaaquez1978
Contributor
Contributor
I have a case in the resolution center. Ordered a Halloween mask that tracking shows delivered to a mailbox in my zip code at a time 2 hours prior to my mail delivery which my Ring video shows proof. PayPal is require documentation from Post Office stating it was delivered to the wrong address. Good luck In getting that. I did request it online from USPS. I’m probably out to $40. If the item existed I am sure the quality is same as your items. @kmg60 I have learned that lesson now!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LisaVaaquez1978 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LisaVaaquez1978
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much! I will do that.
Login to Me Too

Nancels
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the Portable Smart Photo Printer for a total of $33.98 from Aurorains according to the ad on Facebook. Order placed Nov.10, 2020, product received Jan.4, 2021 but the only items in the bag were 2 rolls of the paper the photos print on. No printer was sent. The return address on the package was ZJLogistics <removed>, Ontario CA <removed> and there was no packing slip enclosed. However, when I looked up the transaction on PayPal, I saw Estival Co.,Ltd. and so that’s who I filed a complaint against. I was sent to a page where I could address the fraud with Estival which promised a response in 2-3 days. I would hope that after a few complaints the provider would be black-balled by PayPal. I don’t order from companies that don’t accept PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nancels 

Paypal does not check every seller / merchant in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So do not rely on a company being safe just because they accept paypal.
Paypal give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them.......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Good luck with your claim and post back if you want further advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LisaVaaquez1978
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks you. This is all good to know. I was lucky that PayPal did grant the refund and I have the funds back. It was not easy though!
Login to Me Too

Acalli4
I cant Even find an address to return it to... do you have it?
Login to Me Too

LisaVaaquez1978
Contributor
Contributor
The shipping would most like be huge and you probably won’t get your refund. Do the appeal as the other poster noted above. Don’t let up and you should get your refund. It took some effort on my part! Good luck!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.