Estimated case resolution date keeps changing

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

Filed a case on 16th December - 4 weeks after an item was ordered and 2 weeks after it should have been delivered. 

Case moved to 2nd stage of "We are reviewing the information" on 19th December. It is "stuck" at this point.
The estimated case resolution date keeps increasing by a couple of days at a time and is now at 14th Jan. 
Seller has not responded to this or any contact. 

Online chat do not deal with this as it was via PayPal Credit.
Customer services do not deal with it and all updates will be via the resolution centre.
There is no email address to try. 

I seem to be in limbo with this open dispute that has an ever-increasing end date and no way to talk to anyone about why ? 

Any ideas folks ? 

PS. Item has still not arrived. 

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Dids19
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, at this rate I won't use PayPal again. Absolute joke. Seem to be in the scammers corner. It's only £70 but hell I could really use that about now!!

Login to Me Too

Chubtor
Contributor
Contributor

Adding to my earlier post my case remains unresolved from May 20 when I was given the first resolution date.  I have stopped using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

AKFent
New Community Member
My case resolution has lingered for months. Though we have paid for an item/chair we did not get. We did our part contacted post office x3 and checked with neighbors. At this point no resolve and closure date keeps getting pushed back. No to impressed with PayPal’s help! Seems we will just get **bleep** over. Used this service for over 10 years. Think I’ll be moving on unless we see a dramatic change in service soon. Who’s keeping the buyer safe. What ever happened to shipping and signing for the package. Stops issues like this! Help....
Login to Me Too

JohnTic
Contributor
Contributor
I had orded an item back in April, it never arrived. The seller kept saying its in transit so I asked for the tracking number, after 2 week he sent me one but the tracking number is not recognise by any mail company. Asked for a refund no reply, so escalated it with PayPal they gave me a resolution date of July 28th but keep changing it every 4 days. I think they hope I will get fed up and drop the case
Login to Me Too

lisamariela
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there,

I think I actually found a way to make things faster, after my date changed like around 4 times, I decided to contact Message Centre and it actually worked within the 24 hour window.Ok so first of all go down the claim page and request help , then click on your claim and try and search for the message center. At first its PayPal Assistant , enter your question , then click on your situation , Write no, I need more help, and then PayPal Assistant transfers you to an agent. When you get a hold on a agent, make sure to explain your situation and try ask for their help by explaining how long you waited and you need that refund asap etc etc.

Then the agent for some reason is able to resolve your claim within the 24 hour and do not stop talking to them and responding , keep it working

For me it helped and now I just shipped back my item , added my tracking number and waiting for the seller to get it so I can get my refund. I will have it now that PayPal agents have my back, the chat remains open and everytime you get a reply from a agent you get a email notification which is great.

Filed the case on AUG 19

Good luck to all and I wish you to get your refunds as soon as possible !

Login to Me Too

Temp20201003
Contributor
Contributor

Welp, I'm glad I found this thread. Apparently PayPal is dying as a company, and is no longer reputable or reliable.

Good to know. Once I'm done with my claim, I will never risk buying anything online with PayPal.

Rest in peace PayPal, you used to be a good service, and competition is killing you. 

Login to Me Too

usernamesrdumb
Contributor
Contributor

For what it's worth, it's not just buyers that are frustrated. I'm a seller who had a buyer file a false claim on 9/17, after which I immediately prepared and submitted a rebuttal explaining why the claim was false. Since then, there have been no updates at all other than the same constantly shifting expected resolution date. I've tried twice now to contact Paypal to find out what is going on via Message Center (once yesterday, once the day before), but still haven't heard back anything yet. It does seem like Message Center is at least helping because the "View case history" link for the issue in Resolution Center showed no activity after 9/17 until the day after my first follow-up message to them 10/5, so I'll keep trying @lisamariela 's suggestion to keep following up in Message Center for now. It's not encouraging though to find this thread where it took some people 3 months to get a resolution - I thought 3 weeks was ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

ntashi75
Contributor
Contributor
My case was finally resolved as well. It took a few months (opened my case in May).
Login to Me Too

Drew44
Contributor
Contributor

I escalated the review, Its been move from the 12th Sept 2020 now 16th Oct 2020. No correspondence whatsoever. I'm not going away. I will be using Bank credit card or an alternative to Paypal. Ebay has dropped Paypal as of next year.. 

Login to Me Too

Malbahi
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue here!! Item shipped in Aug,  didn't move since 7th of Sep!!! that's clearly lost. Raised a claim on the 2nd of Oct and guess what date keep changing!!! I guess they miraculous expect it to appear on my doorsteps and even if it appears out of thin air there is no use for it anymore. Almost 4 months now do they expect people to wait that long for a claim, not to mention the seller saying that he has no control over international shipping nor I have any ground to claim a refund.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.