Estimated case resolution date keeps changing

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

Filed a case on 16th December - 4 weeks after an item was ordered and 2 weeks after it should have been delivered. 

Case moved to 2nd stage of "We are reviewing the information" on 19th December. It is "stuck" at this point.
The estimated case resolution date keeps increasing by a couple of days at a time and is now at 14th Jan. 
Seller has not responded to this or any contact. 

Online chat do not deal with this as it was via PayPal Credit.
Customer services do not deal with it and all updates will be via the resolution centre.
There is no email address to try. 

I seem to be in limbo with this open dispute that has an ever-increasing end date and no way to talk to anyone about why ? 

Any ideas folks ? 

PS. Item has still not arrived. 

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Temp20230526BX
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be a pattern, and this is created by the seller, they do not respond until the day before the resolution, this then puts the resolution date back further - Come on Paypal, if I can see the pattern you must know that this is part of the scam.  Check out some of the facebook groups eg. Jiadi for instance 500 + all making claims 

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526BY
Contributor
Contributor

Me to...

Currently have a message box open but I am not expecting a reply soon.

My case should have been closed weeks ago but just keeps getting extended....very frustrating.

I appreciate the current situation but still.

Login to Me Too

Nazrus
New Community Member
Why can you not resolve a scam case. Knowing full well you are not going to get answers from the scammers. You just keep pushing out the case resolve date. Almost like you are helping the scammers. Case ID PP-D-67562389 should have been resolve weeks ago but you keep letting these people get away with theft then support by not going after them. This is the absolute worst customer service and protection I have ever seen from a company. **bleep** the customer and help the scammer. All about your bottom line. Issue me a refund. They still have not sent this purchase and you will not refund it. This has gone on for roughly 4 months now. What does it take to get proper customer service. This is all going to fall on death ears as you do not care about the customer.
Login to Me Too

rugbyblue17
Contributor
Contributor
Same is happening to me and its now been 56 days since the beginning of the claim. I believe they keep these cases open because they hold the money in their account and earn from the money the hundreds or even thousands of customers waiting on claims to be resolved. We know they hold the money because it's listed in their rules.
Login to Me Too

SlyZA
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue. Its been 36 days. “We are reviewing your info and will get a final decision”
Login to Me Too

quadirsalad
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting since 6 weeks straight every 2 days gets extended I have been literally scammed and waiting to hear anything back. Lucky I have managed to get the first claim with the same seller same service back relatively quick (within 1.5 weeks). However, that was first of two transactions which was smaller amount. But I am truly lost and worst thing is I check every other day and see:

“We are reviewing your info and will get a final decision”  Unfortunately due to COVID-19 cannot reach anyone on the phone. Which that I can understand ofcourse. But I have submitted clear evidence and reached out to customer service to provide them more information. But I keep getting an extended date every single 2 days. It has been 37 days now....

Login to Me Too

Chubtor
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same delay from me. Seller acknowledged receipt of goods at end of May. But my completion date keeps getting moved out with a "reviewing additional data from supplier". No end in sight for me, over 60 days now and counting.
Login to Me Too

Dids19
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, it is so frustrating. I filed my case on the 6th June, they'd received the sellers details by June 26th and PayPal took until July 22nd to review the information, all whilst pushing back the estimated case resolution date. It is now the 14th of August. To say I am angry is an understatement.

Login to Me Too

rugbyblue17
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem from a case I opened 9th June and it took until 6th September for PayPal to finally resolve the case in my favour. At least I got my money back but 3 months to resolve a case it excessive.
Login to Me Too

Alvin18
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem with my recent purchase from a clear scamming website (bestonlineshop.com) for a ps4 pro. My original case was June 3. I asked for a refund cause i suspected foul play. Seller finally released tracking number(mind you free 2 day shipping). Recieved my mobile game handle instead on June 20th..($10 product). Had to re-open my case..it is now August 16th & my case is being delayed everyday after a day passes. The original case resolution was to be on the 7th of August now its currently the 21st & likely to change again. I know i won't be using PayPal anymore for purchases. It's the new westerns union scam. No way to contact staff on updates & i provided pictures of my order being a rip off. Even a kid can put 2 & 2 together. Sad year for PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.