Estimated case resolution date keeps changing

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

Filed a case on 16th December - 4 weeks after an item was ordered and 2 weeks after it should have been delivered. 

Case moved to 2nd stage of "We are reviewing the information" on 19th December. It is "stuck" at this point.
The estimated case resolution date keeps increasing by a couple of days at a time and is now at 14th Jan. 
Seller has not responded to this or any contact. 

Online chat do not deal with this as it was via PayPal Credit.
Customer services do not deal with it and all updates will be via the resolution centre.
There is no email address to try. 

I seem to be in limbo with this open dispute that has an ever-increasing end date and no way to talk to anyone about why ? 

Any ideas folks ? 

PS. Item has still not arrived. 

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

saranda69
Contributor
Contributor
Why don't you just sue them in small claims court.?
Login to Me Too

Luckywanadoo
Contributor
Contributor
I brought a jigsaw puzzle table for my 10 year old with autism during lockdown. Doing jigsaws has been keeping him calm and relaxed. So wanted somewhere where we could do them together and put away when not using. Never received it and when I went to check the status of delivery on the site the site was shut down. I sent email and did get an answer and they gave me a tracking number. Had a very excited little boy as it said being delivered that day. It did come it through our letter box. They had sent us a free little gift apparently while we waited for our item to be delivered. So opened up a dispute in PayPal the only communication the seller gave was the tracking number of the free gift I received. PayPal just keep putting the date forward. I just want my money back so I can buy my son a jigsaw table.
Login to Me Too

Johnimperialis
Contributor
Contributor
My case was openen on April 11th since then the date keeps going back the tracking says its been returned tk sender and the sender won't respond.
Login to Me Too

rugbyblue17
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having exactly the same problem. My item was returned to the seller and they received it on 9th July but since then the resolution date changes every few days. This is my worst experience with getting a refund from any company. It seems that PayPal just let these cases run and run.
Login to Me Too

Cy2020
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same situation.  Paypal is changing the date so much that I start to collect the progress data.  Originally, the Estimated case resolution date is by the end of May.  Then it keeps changing.  The last two were to change the date to June 15, and then to June 18.  

I opened the case on April 15 and escalated on April 24.  The seller echoed back May 13. Then the estimated case resolution keeps changing.  The tracking information was last updated on Apr 27.  Since then, no change on the tracking status.  I'll probably fall back to use a dedicated credit card for my online purchase in the future.  I had a much better case resolution experiences with my credit card company in the past.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Cy2020
Contributor
Contributor

The date finally stopped to change and I had my case resolved.  Thanks goodness!

Login to Me Too

ntashi75
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, how long did it take for your case to be resolved? The dates have been continually moving to later dates. I just wanted to understand why. I also just want my money back at this point. It shouldn't take two and a half months to get my product.
Login to Me Too

Cy2020
Contributor
Contributor
My case was opened on April 15 and escalated on April 24. The seller echoed back on May 13. Then the estimated case resolution keeps changing. Eventually, it was resolved on June 9.
Login to Me Too

myetro
Hello. Have you raised a lot of disputes on your PayPal account?
Login to Me Too

myetro
Hello. Have you raised a lot of disputes on your PayPal account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.