Estimated case resolution date keeps changing

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

Filed a case on 16th December - 4 weeks after an item was ordered and 2 weeks after it should have been delivered. 

Case moved to 2nd stage of "We are reviewing the information" on 19th December. It is "stuck" at this point.
The estimated case resolution date keeps increasing by a couple of days at a time and is now at 14th Jan. 
Seller has not responded to this or any contact. 

Online chat do not deal with this as it was via PayPal Credit.
Customer services do not deal with it and all updates will be via the resolution centre.
There is no email address to try. 

I seem to be in limbo with this open dispute that has an ever-increasing end date and no way to talk to anyone about why ? 

Any ideas folks ? 

PS. Item has still not arrived. 

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

John_2021
Contributor
Contributor

There seems to be many scams on eBay lately, the most common one being garden storage boxes usually for £29.99, I got caught twice, the first time it was signed for just outside my house, I chased it up with Royal Mail and managed to find out out had no name and was recorded delivery (signed for by postie due to covid) this has been the root of many scams as no one is actually signing for their own items), so it appears  it was deliberately sent with no name or a false name to next door, they would therefore not know and either bin it (probably just an empty parcel any way as it wouldn't be possible to send something so large or heavy by recorded delivery) or return it.  The second one I realized as soon as I saw it was supposedly sent from London but the seller put their location as Nottingham (local),The tracking shows it was reportedly posted but went nowhere, I finally got my refund from PayPal after I called to complain after 2 months from escalation and constantly having the resolution date moved forward 4 days a time for several weeks. I got my my money back by playing the same game as the scammer, I wouldn't even bother trying to say you haven't received it if there is tracking saying it was delivered, it's extremely unlikely they will bother to conform the delivery address and and even less likely you will ever get your money back once you open case with PayPal. I am extremely dissatisfied with PayPal, They also effectively allowed a scammer via eBay to take money out of my account without permission by allowing eBay to transfer a disputed claim to Paypal, I have involved the CAB over this one and the matter is being looked at by a solicitor. I haven't used Paypal since and won't be using them in the future unless I can't avoid it.

Login to Me Too

126andy
Contributor
Contributor

Been over a month with mine. The Estimated case resolution date keeps changing. When this started the guy had a -1 feedback on ebay he now has a -4 and is no longer a registered ebay user. He has 0 netural or positive feedback. It's obivious that this was a scammer but still no refund from paypal. I could have just gone through my credit card with payment and gotten a charge back already.

Login to Me Too

Klehmo
I am currently going through similar where they keep changing the date. I offered to send photos and paypal havent asked for them .i only received half of my order . I feel that paypal are fobbing it off by moving the date out .its now a month since i logged complaint .i just want my missing half of the set. Hope yours finally resolved
Login to Me Too

Trelly416
Contributor
Contributor
I have ordered a pair of Jordan’s from this seller on Grailed April 21, 2020. I found out he has scammed four other individuals out of expensive shoes. I found the same pictures of the shoes he cropped out on a different app called goat. I have received no response from him. PayPal please help this is crazy.
Login to Me Too

Willy42
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing with my order.  Paypal keeps extending "review/resolution", have now extended it over 2 weeks. 

Will not use them again if this persists.

Login to Me Too

Trelly416
Contributor
Contributor
I’m tired of this I just want my money back. No customer service whatsoever. Everything is online. I’m sure they could still manage to operate from home. I will not be using pay pal after this.
Login to Me Too

akumarn
Contributor
Contributor

Just a delaying tactics from paypal. They have moved my case resolution date from 05/28 -> 06/02 -> 06/10. It has been close to 2 months since I placed an order with a merchant which should have been delivered in 2 weeks. Paypal is beyond ridiculous. Use your credit card directly, if you want a faster resolution.

Login to Me Too

akumarn
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal changed the date once again (each time without notifying me) to 06/19. What happened to their so called customer service? I am going to contact my credit card company to see if they can help. Avoid paypal if you have an option to use your credit card directly.

Login to Me Too

akumarn
Contributor
Contributor

They changed the date again to 06/25. This is getting ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

ntashi75
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I just want my money back at this point. The seller sent a "so-called tracking number " that has my package in the same location since June 4th. PayPal seems to be stalling for the seller. If a package hasn't moved from a location in 2 weeks there's a problem. I agree with you - no more PayPal for me. This is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.