Estimated case resolution date keeps changing

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

Filed a case on 16th December - 4 weeks after an item was ordered and 2 weeks after it should have been delivered. 

Case moved to 2nd stage of "We are reviewing the information" on 19th December. It is "stuck" at this point.
The estimated case resolution date keeps increasing by a couple of days at a time and is now at 14th Jan. 
Seller has not responded to this or any contact. 

Online chat do not deal with this as it was via PayPal Credit.
Customer services do not deal with it and all updates will be via the resolution centre.
There is no email address to try. 

I seem to be in limbo with this open dispute that has an ever-increasing end date and no way to talk to anyone about why ? 

Any ideas folks ? 

PS. Item has still not arrived. 

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Efrutherford
New Community Member
This is the same for me, almost identical dates. I’m hoping it’s a back log issue with so much stuff over Christmas?
Login to Me Too

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

Resolution date is now 16th January.

I can understand a Christmas backlog, I guess my frustration is the constant moving of dates and total lack of customer support or answers as neither the online chat or phone can/will assist. That and the refund of money just keeps skipping ahead in a seemingly never-ending cycle that has now been going on for almost a month despite their statement of this "usually taking 5 days"

Login to Me Too

Turbomuncher
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same issue here. Every day almost they simply move the "estimated resolution date" back. No trust in them at all - can almost guarantee that I'll check again Monday and it'll have been moved on a further 2-3 days. Getting angry now 😡
Login to Me Too

FloodC
Contributor
Contributor
Same boat here. Item was meant to arrive middle of December. Opened up a case. Date has been pushed back to the 29th Jan now from the original 14th Jan. Monday was the 20th. No way to contact to see why it’s being pushed back. I have given the seller more than enough time to respond and I’m sure they have also. Very frustrating.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

I'm sorry that your cases have been frustrating. PayPal usually resolves claims in an average timeframe of 30 days. If an item has not been received and needs to be sent internationally, the merchant may be provided 24 days to send the item once they have provided tracking information. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

JayBirdUK
Contributor
Contributor

I have finally received a full refund as the item has still not arrived. 

Whilst the outcome is acceptable the weeks of absolutely no support from customer services as each "team" blamed the other was not acceptable. To just keep moving a resolution date without any explanation just serves to frustrate and anger the customer base.  

Login to Me Too

tulitayjay
New Community Member

Same exact thing is happening to me - numerous emails to the seller with no reply - I then file a dispute and within the day the seller replies with a tracking number and a shipping company that does not exist so the tracking info cannot be verified. Since day one they have pushed my resolution date forward by 4 days every 4 days - getting sick and tired of this, its so obvious I was ripped off and I paid for it with Pay Pal just in case this happened. Very unhappy with Pay Pal - I would have gotten a refund faster if I had paid directly with my credit card - what is the freakin point of Pay Pal!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kddogg
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same thing happened to me.  Once you turn it into a claim, they refuse to communicate with you, no text, no email.  I held on the phone for 2hrs 17mins before realizing there was not going to be any customer service.

Login to Me Too

ThomsonR19
New Community Member
So if I am having the same problem and the seller is sending my “package” to the wrong destination will I get my money back? I know it is 100% a scam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.