Escalating to claim when that option doesn't show up

bearspaws
Contributor
Contributor

How do you escalate to a claim from your dispute page??? I go to my dispute and it's supposed to say "escalate to a claim" at the bottom, but it's not there Just  "close this case" or "Items received but not what was ordered" . There is no "escalate to claim" option. I can't find it anywhere on my paypal. So what the heck is going on? Should I just forget paypal and go through my credit card instead? They make is impossible to find anything. Frustrating.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bearspaws
Contributor
Contributor

So the Paypal chat person escalated them to claims for me. The seller has another 10 days to respond which I doubt they will do, after which hopefully paypal will give me my refunds. Thanks all for the help.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sitkasalmo
Contributor
Contributor

I’m thinking if you responded to the other person it does not allow you to escalate your claim until they respond.. I’m just hoping that’s the case since it’s what I did..

Login to Me Too

Selenajhl
New Community Member

Hope I'm not too late to help! I've also just had this problem and had no idea how to resolve it, was looking online trying to find an answer but managed to figure it out. What you need to do is:

1. go to the PayPal help centre (make sure you're logged in)

2. scroll to the bottom where it says 'more ways to help' and select the 'contact us' option

3. scroll to the bottom again where it says 'other ways to contact us' and select 'message us'

4. a PayPal assistant chat box will open and give you a few options to choose from, select 'disputes'

5. it will then give you more options, select 'check dispute status'

6. a list of your disputes will appear, select the one you need help with

7. there will be a message referring to the status of your dispute and then you should be given the option to click 'escalate'. click that and paypal will escalate the dispute for you.

hope that helps! 

Login to Me Too

sitkasalmo
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much. It was were I ended up and was very frustrated having to message... I was very skeptical of the messaging, but true to PAYPALs word they activated it for me. It seems to be a simple fix and would save a lot of heartburn. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

bearspaws
Contributor
Contributor

HI thanks, but when I go into the messaging, there are no options for me to click. No dispute option or anything. So then I have to chat with a live person, which I am doing, just waiting for a reply. I wonder if different options show up for US paypal or Canadian paypal. It's been about 12 days since I opened the disputes and the "escalate to a claim" option still isn't showing up. I guess i'll have to call them. This is such crap. Should be way easier than this.

Login to Me Too
Solved

bearspaws
Contributor
Contributor

So the Paypal chat person escalated them to claims for me. The seller has another 10 days to respond which I doubt they will do, after which hopefully paypal will give me my refunds. Thanks all for the help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.