Escalating a dispute to a claim. Desperate.

vermilion66
Contributor
Contributor

I've been pulling my hair out over this and desperate for some advice.

Last September, I bought an item that was faulty from the start, I got in touch with the company who sold it to me and asked for a replacement or refund.

They said that they wouldn't give me either of these and the item could only be repaired under warranty. Only if the item couldn't be repaired would they send me a replacement.

I opened a dispute by initially getting in touch, through Pay pal with the seller but the case was closed the following day. I'm assuming it was closed simply because the seller replied. Their reply was the same one they've been fobbing me off with since November, that the Item is under repair and they'll contact me when it is finished. This has been their answer for over two months and I haven't heard anything from them since beginning of January,I therefore feel that I should be entitled to a refund.

I've been trying to escalate my dispute to a claim but I've been going around in circles.

I've tried using the instructions. but I cannot get anywhere and just end up looping back round to the resolution center. I'm assuming that because the case has been closed, I cannot escalate to a claim.

There also doesn't appear to be any options the make a claim against something that has developed a fault since purchase.

The only options are,

'I want to report unauthorised activity' or 'I have a billing issue'.

Can someone please talk me through what to do. 

This was an expensive item and I'm losing sleep over this.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sriraj

Hi @vermilion66

Welcome to PayPal Community forum!

Sorry to hear that you go through all this. Generally, a case cannot be reopened once it is closed. However, if you feel PayPal has missed something or you have more information, you can contact PayPal Customer Service and have them review the case. 

You can call PayPal Customer Service (Click 'Call us' option located at bottom of Contact us page on the PayPal website) or reach out to them via Facebook or Twitter

I hope it helps.

Sriraj

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.