Escalating a claim

Corrie2
Contributor
Contributor
Im trying to escalate a dispute to a claim. Its says click on the view button, then click on escalate. I cant see a view button. Im looking on my phone. Do i have to look on my laptop to do it? Might seem like a daft question but i know some stuff doesnt show up on websites when you look through your phone, only the laptop.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Corrie2

How many days is it since you PAID for the item??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Corrie2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I bought it on 28th september. It says i need to escalate it before the 16th dec or it will be closed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Corrie2

Are you sure you don't mean November? Only if it was September surely it would have timed out by now unless it was an international transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Corrie2
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it was september but dont you have 180 days to dispute it? The guy i bought the item off kept telling me to wait as he was getting more but i got fed up of waiting in the end and asked for my money back. Since then ive had no reply.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Corrie2

Yes you have 180 days to OPEN  a dispute but once the dispute is open then 'normally' you have up to 20 days to escalate it to a claim.

Just wondered why yours is still open so long with such a long escalation date.

But then you haven't said what country you are in or if the transaction was an international one as that may make it a bit longer?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.