Escalated claim denied

Scamfighter1
Contributor
Contributor
My claim was denied because the seller sent me a cheap jigsaw puzzle when I paid for a stainless steel fryer. Since when is paypal in the back pocket of fraudulent Chinese companies?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

thinder
Contributor
Contributor

I "bought" an RC airplane from a Facebook Ad.  I got a tiny model airplane.   Paypal is requiring me to send it back to an unusable address, for a cost that will be as much as the item's sales price in order to get a refund. Im thinking they know its going on but they're making money off of it.

I filed an internet fraud complaint and a dispute with my CC.

Login to Me Too

Scamfighter1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm also thinking money is being made by Paypal to let these fraudulant companies do business with them. No incentive on their part to shut them down. And they never gave me the chance to show them a picture of what I ordered and what I got. I did call my cc to dispute the charge. How do I report this seller for internet fraud? Wouldn't want anyone else to order from this company.
Login to Me Too

thinder
Contributor
Contributor

IC3 form.  its online.  I looks like its probably got the teeth of the "do not call list" though

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scamfighter1 

Which claim did you open, non receipt OR not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Scamfighter1
Contributor
Contributor
Non-receipt. And then, low and behold, an item arrived from the seller. So PayPal assumed I received my product and found in favor of the seller. This was after multitude attempts to reach the seller What i was sent was a cheap cardboard puzzle. What I ordered and paid for is a stainless steel fryer. Who would pay over $43 for a cardboard puzzle? But PayPal took the easy way out and believed the seller. As soon as my cc posts a refund, i will be closing my account with PayPal. Not only was the seller fraudulent, so is PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scamfighter1 

If you filed non receipt then its pretty much automated, seller provides tracking = seller wins.

However if the item arrived misdescribed then you can take further action.

However as you have said you are pursuing a claim with your credit card issuer then you don't need further advice.

Hope you get your money back from them ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.