Escalate a Dispute or reopen a case

kskillings
New Community Member

I purchased an item that was never received.  The seller provided PayPal with a bogus tracking number (that showed delivery to the same city I live in) - however, the tracking number shows delivery in April and the item wasn't ordered until May.  This was all pointed out in my dispute and I provided documentation showing the original order information/confirmation as well as the incorrect tracking info they sent. PayPal closed the case citing that the seller provided proof of delivery (and they referenced the bogus tracking number).  I am unable to reopen the case or escalate a dispute.  I am unable to find any means of contacting PayPal to point out the error in closing this case.  Would love some guidance from anyone here.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kskillings 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kskillings 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tucker10
New Community Member

What if I only have an email form the seller and pictures to prove it. I also have tried to contact paypal via phone call and it says they are closed. I have also tried to contact through messenger and the person just ignored me, now I have had a message up for 4 days and still no reply. How else can I solve this matter?

Login to Me Too

angryfrank
Contributor
Contributor

This is such a headache dealing with this PayPal to get a SCAM company to cancel order and get your money back. My credit card would have taken care of this problem over a month ago. Here it is almost 2 months and i am still dealing with a company who i cancelled under their policy rules but they refused to to cancel and still ship the sweaters I did not want 4 weeks after i tried to cancel it. I emailed the company everyday for 2 weeks asking them to cancel. It shipped 2 weeks after that. I requested to return the items under their policy because the items were poor quality, they are horrible. I've been dealing with them for 3 weeks via email. the company won't take their junk sweaters back. The sweaters are not what they have pictured. You think you're getting one thing and get a totally different cheaper poorly made item. They won't give me my money back. The company claims to be from the USA. They are not. The swearers are not. They are using atleast 12 company names selling the sweaters on social media. They are a scam. But PayPal didn't want to hear what I was saying. They told me my case was denied and closed. Now I can't re open a case for the poorly made, totally different than advertised products.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angryfrank 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Did you 'change' the dispute from non receipt TO not as described before it timed out when the items arrived and were tat?

If not then paypal do sometimes reopen disputes if the item had not arrived at the time the non receipt dispute closed so I would contact them and see if they will do that for you?

Secondly they 'may' tell you to return the items for a refund in which case have you activated this?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-on-a-paypal-return-faq3544?app=s...

Lastly yes if you funded your paypal account via a credit card then you could contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you, BUT some are declining if its an international sale or over their time frame for disputes.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

katy565
New Community Member

I've had the same problem and no one from Paypal has advised me what to do.  I opened up a Better Business Bureau complaint in hopes it will get me some assistance.

Login to Me Too

angryfrank
Contributor
Contributor

I did that also. The company keeps changing it's name. The parent company is in Singapore. They play on spelling of words to mislead people.these are all .com companies but i cant post them with that here:

Fridenly instead of Friendly, 

Walyflower

LADAY.LINESJA

Judeshore

FaVChase

Buiesnow

holopick

vencano

modinbuffy

walmartsuit

These are all the companies that Grantive PTE LLC goes by but they keep changing their names. I also contacted the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Protection Fair Trading Commission. I've complained to every place I can think of. These people are scammers and PayPal wont listen. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.