Erroneous Credit Card Charge from PAYPAL *ALIPAYSINGA AL

Digby34
New Community Member

I sent a message to PAYPAL this morning about an erroneous charge in the pending area of my credit card account. My PAYPAL transaction history shows no activity in the relavent toime period so I cannot open a dispute in PAYPAL. No response from PAYPAL after (8) hours. Should I cancel the PAYPAL account as I feel it may be compromised?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Digby34 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

I would be more inclined to cancel a card if the transaction was on the card, rather than paypal where the charge does not exist.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

navaneetha
New Community Member

i had same issue today. I could not raise any complaint with paypal since the fraud transaction doesn't show in my paypal activity. Hence, i closed my paypal account and reasied dispute on the transaction with my credit card issuer. Now, My credit card company issued the refund and provided me with the replacement card. I think Paypal should act on this to protect their brand name being misused.

Login to Me Too

JonTomJr
Contributor
Contributor
Numerous on my credit card bill today and I cancelled my card and they are investigating
Login to Me Too

NMT1
New Community Member

I had this happen - the bank determined that someone was trying to attach my debit card to a new paypal account.  So get in touch with your back if this happens and get a new debit card.  It's not a paypal problem, it's a hacking problem related to your debit card.

Login to Me Too

DMCJ
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I did, also. The person used my card for 3 charges showing PayPal then two from Amazon. The same day I got a package from Amazon that I hadn't ordered. There was no return address. The bar code and QR codes on the shipping label weren't valid. I assumed it was part of a brushing scheme. But then I checked my bank account, because I check it routinely to make sure I didn't forget to add any charges to my checkbook app. And that's when I noticed the charges. They got me for $320. My bank started an investigation and gave me credit so thankfully I was reimbursed. I'm thinking it can't be coincidence about receiving the mystery package. Maybe they ordered something to send to my address to ensure it would be delivered to a valid address. Amazon Prime would notify them when the package was delivered.
Login to Me Too

DMCJ
Contributor
Contributor

This same account fraudulently used my bank card, as well. They used this PayPal account, ALIPAYSINGA AL, to make several charges. My bank card was also used for multiple charges from Amazon and Amazon Marketplace on the same day. I can only suspect it's the same individual. I immediately called my bank and disputed the charges and cancelled my card. 

Login to Me Too

DMCJ
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if this has been mentioned. I didn't see it in this thread. I discovered that AliPay is a digital wallet serviced used in China.

It can also be used in Singapore, which makes sense with the account name ALIPAYSINGA AL. An AliPay user in Singapore or registered in Signapore is the  person fraudulently accessing our accounts. Not that this information makes it any easier to determine who is using the ALIPAYSINGA AL account to access others'  PayPal accounts. I had 3 fraudulent transactions on my bank account for the same amount from this PayPal account. However, like everyone else has said, I did not have any charges on my PayPal account. They also used my bank account to make other purchases. But it appears they might have originally accessed the information from my PayPal. All of my passwords were changed ASAP and my card cancelled. I hope there's a way to prevent the person behind that account from accessing other people's accounts. 

Login to Me Too

mushmouth
Contributor
Contributor
i just got chsrged 93 cents from the same name. sucks. ill get it reversed. ill be suscribed to tjis feed.
Login to Me Too

mushmouth
Contributor
Contributor

#**bleep**just now 93cents

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.