Engine purchased on eBay.

Bill_1996
Contributor
Contributor

Update on my problem with the "Engine purchased on eBay". After going back and forth with the seller claiming the engine was on it's way back to them from the shipping company. One of the partners made the mistake to claim "the engine is not at our shop". I then decided to treat this as a stolen engine. I started explaining to the sellers that I would be filling a police report. I went on about the fact that it must have been stolen off the truck in transit back to them and this being a interstate shipper there my be a investigation by the state police and maybe federal charges for the shipping company and driver. I made no accusation that any one person or persons were at fault. But I made it clear that this was a serous situation for whoever did take it. At that point the sellers attitude changed to "we will do whatever we can to help you". Note: I did send a email to my local police and explained the story in hopes of a chance they could offer some help.

So now the seller is talking about maybe refunding me out of their pocket. I again kept  pushing the serious of this crime and that a detective may be contacting them for information and I would be giving the police all my emails and eBay messages along with the photos the seller sent of engine being packed up for shipment. I also explained that of they were to refund me I would need the money sent back through PayPal as proof to the police that I was not filing a false report. When I started telling them that we would need all their business information for the report along with the shipping company's address and owner/manager contact information, Bill of lading, tracking number, and proof of delivery things seemed to ramp up. I mentioned we will also need the sellers tax ID number so the State of SC. can have proof of the sale and that taxes were paid. Now the sellers were really trying to get me my refund according to them "we just need a little more time". I waited for to next day Friday the 22nd, and sent my last eBay message to them. MY time is up I'm going to finalize the police report and hand over all  the information I have regarding the missing/stolen engine and that to please cooperate with the detective if he calls. I included the detective name I was given, and the phone number. So Friday afternoon the seller messaged me through eBay that they found the missing engine and will be refunding me in the next hour. I kept refreshing my PayPal account page and low and behold the money was refunded to my account. It's funny when you start talking about filling a police report how quickly missing/stolen items cam be found. Thank you for your support and stay safe. P.S. I did learn my lesson.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.