Encounter a scammer and I have a negative balance and blocked account

Cassie177
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I’m really desperate right now pls help me! So I had two people who sent me money on PayPal and I sent them the same amount money back in different currency via other ways. But now they opened unauthorized cases against me which is totally lies. They are trying to scam me. I’m not selling anything to them I’m not a seller so I can’t provide any proofs. It’s so frustrated because paypal probably gonna take their sides. Now my balance is negative and also my account is blocked already. I don’t know what I should do. I know I’ve been scammed and I don’t wanna to pay for the money I should not. Pls help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cassie177 

Sorry but you allowed yourself to be a part of money laundering, and sent funds negating any paypal buyer protection.

So who should pay for your mistake? Sorry but you will have to put that down as a learning curve and don't trust strangers allowing them to scam you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cassie177
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. I just want to be clear that I was not trying to do a money laundering,I was just offering help for them. But they took advantage of me. I’m a victim. I’ve heard lots of people got scammed here. They sent you money then they claimed that they never made the transactions. I’m curious if I keep the balance negative what will happen?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cassie177 

Money laundering was done on their side, i was not accusing you of that.

However to 'help' strangers in that way is very inadvisable and to be honest an obvious scammer tactic.

If you don't pay the negative balance then paypal sell the debt to a collection agency to recover for them and limit your paypal account.   😞

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.