Emma Cotton Quilts Purchase

MontanaMom
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 quilts back in November for Christmas presents off of Facebook.  I tried to contact them and have received nothing in return.  In fact when I try to find them it seems they disappeared off the face of the earth.  Apparently, I have been scammed along with others.  I luckily went through paypal so hopefully I can get my money back.  

Anybody else have any luck?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MontanaMom

Social Media + Cheap Bargains ie tat + China site = SCAM.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

judik411
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered two through ecrafta. Both sites send automated message saying it was shipped to DHL. DHL told me they need their merchant numberand don't respond. I fileda complaint with PayPal. I think they are a scam also.
Login to Me Too

judik411
Contributor
Contributor
I just called DHL. Package is supposedly being shipped to their China center and supposedly takes a couple of days. She said to contact payment method a get a refund.
Login to Me Too

NahNahP
Contributor
Contributor
I'm going through the same thing. I ordered 2 quilts, received a email saying that they were ready to ship but would be delayed due to the holidays and then I can't get them to respond. I'm going to see if PayPal can help me get my money back.
Login to Me Too

madconsumer2
Contributor
Contributor
Good idea. The dispute I opened through PayPal is in process. Hopefully we all get a satisfactory outcome 😊
Login to Me Too

Lorifinch
New Community Member

PayPal got a reply from the company to return my quilts to VIETNAM!  How much is that going to cost to return 2 crappy quilts then?  And no reimbursement for shipping them back!

Login to Me Too

madconsumer2
Contributor
Contributor
Ugh! That is such an unfair "solution." I opened a dispute with my credit card carrier who advised me to send it back to the return address on the package, which is in New Jersey (no doubt a distributor) so I have proof I attempted to return it. No one has acknowledged receipt of it yet (big surprise) I will post an update things develop. As of now, my card carrier is handling the dispute for me with the seller.
Login to Me Too

coldreach
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you are probably right, mine was from NJ also. Coming from China they need a drop off point where DHL Global can pick up and drop off and the USPS can change hands. My package looked to have been opened and inspected. My package was in a plastic bag sealed with only on piece of clear tape across the top, the rest of the package was open and exposed. 

Login to Me Too

MontanaMom
Contributor
Contributor

I too was suppose to send my two terrible so called quilts back to Vietnam and every source and any way possible to ship them would cost a young fortune to say the least.  Several hundred dollars to send just one of the quilts higher for both of them.  I tried every possible shipping company.  I finally called Paypal and they said that all they could do was cover 30.00.  I tried many time over and over again that that was so not fiscally sound.  To go into further debt to get a refund.  I have no idea of where to go from here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.