Email saying account Restricted and a $6.99 invoice to remove

amichastain
New Community Member

I received an email with an invoice for $6.99 to Remove Restriction.  It said my account had been limited and to remove the restriction permanently I need to pay the $6.99.  Has anyone else received this email?  I can't find anywhere on the website where they would charge to remove a restriction.  Besides the fact that there is not reason for my account to be limited (large transactions, etc).  My account is personal, not business.  The invoice is also on my account waiting for payment.  I went to my account and have no notification of limitations.  I went to the Resolution Center where there are no notifications and clicked submit problem/dispute.  I clicked on the invoice transaction (which is pending) and it said this type of transaction is unable to be disputed and referred me to the User Agreement.  I can't find anywhere in the User Agreement that says they could/would charge for a restriction to be removed or a reason that I would have a restriction to begin with.  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.