Email charging 348.99 for Micro Computer Security - Not Ordered - Scam?

LoralynEast
New Community Member

I received an email from  "payment" confirmation "48" and it's a gmail account - with a note saying they would be charging my credit card 348.99 for Micro Computer Security, which I didn't order.  I don't see that activity on my Paypal account.  It looks like a legitimate Paypal email.  I don't see anything identifying the email as a scam.  The tel # they have listed doesn't match any of the Paypal #s.  Anyone can confirm this is a scam.  I'm also waiting for a response from Paypal Chat session.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

dmbryant99
New Community Member
PayPal
Purchase Id: 55667EDR6766TH0
Hello,

You sent a payment of $349.99 to Micro Computer Security LLC.

It may take upto 72 working hours for this transaction to appear in your account and in case of Credit it might show in your next billing cycle.
Merchant

Micro Computer Security llc

Description

Your Order at Micro
Computer Security
Llc (22312)
Instruction To Merchant

You do not have any special instruction to Merchant

Price
    Qty

$349.99    1

Total Amount

$ 349.99

Charge will appear on your Credit Card Statement as "Micro Computer Security Llc"
Payment sent to Micro Computer Security llc.

If you did not recognize this charge and want to cancel this transaction call Paypal at [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]br />

Paypal Inc
410 Terry Ave N
Seattle Washington 98109
United States

Yea still going. Just got it too.

Login to Me Too

Rfdcmail
New Community Member

I was scammed by this India hacking group before....they post a phone number and say they are PayPal resolution group....Indian accent.  They want to get you to let them remote access your computer to either install or maintain a security system that I know for a fact doesn’t exist.

I sent t message to paypal, and called PayPal but they don’t have real people these days.

I would like to report them to the Dept of Consumer Affairs, or the DA, but I don’t know how...suggestions of how to stop these brazen thieves is requested....

Login to Me Too

jruhi4

Just got this as well. Nearly identical to dmbyrant99's sample above. Same purchase I.D. except for very last number. Mine was for $349.99 and my PayPal address was in San José, CA and not Seattle.

Login to Me Too

JohnDK2
Contributor
Contributor

I received the same email yesterday, in the amount of $349.99.  The Purchase ID # was even the same.

It also said I should call PayPal at [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]  Obviously, I did not call since I know it's a scam.

Login to Me Too

noshbygosh
Contributor
Contributor

Hah! Add me to the club. The email looked suspicious but it was not totally clear it was a scam. I did a URL search for Micro Computer Security LLC and ended up in this discussion thread. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Blueyes52
Contributor
Contributor

I just got this email for $429.99, called this # at bottom for fraud. Guy had accent, gave me a name of David Johnson. So don't worry nothing will happen. Never left me talk, just kept rambling. I called PayPal they said since my PayPal account was closed I shouldn't worry. I also called my bank just in case.  These **bleep** better not try to take from my bank.   

Login to Me Too

Barbi3
My email said I was Being charged $999.99. F those a-hole scammers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.