Email address for complaints to Paypal

Catherine927
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have several issues with Paypal presently. I am new to Paypal and not using it a great deal and baffled by how they operate:

1) A payment has remained on hold long after an item has been delivered. I have never had a complaint about any item and it seems to have randomly affected one particular item and not others. How do I get the item released from hold?

2) Paypal are delaying bank transfers on available money "for security review" for 72 hours each time. How do I get that restriction lifted?

3) The new "improved" message service is not an improvement and I am unable to get a response or find an offline means by which to contact them. I do not wish to use the phone as I want a written record of any communication. Where can I write to Paypal and lodge a complaint, ideally an email address.

4) Can someone direct me to the Paypal grievance/complaints procedure.

5) Can someone share experience of suing Paypal for damages?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Catherine927,

Great questions, I'll explain each below:

Some payments are placed on hold due to a higher level of risk. This doesn't necessarily have anything  to do with you, it could be an issue originating from the buyer's side. If you provide the tracking number for the item, the funds should be released three days after confirmed delivery.

Again, this can be related to the funds you're receiving and where the're originating from. These delays are usually to verify the money you received is legitimate and there aren't going to be any disputes against the transactions the funds are tied to.

You can instead contact us by Facebook or Twitter if you would like to use an online channel besides our chat or email services. We'd be happy to help you through our social media channels. In lieu of using social media, you can check this link for our email option.

I apologize for any inconvenience you're encountering, and hope the issues are resolved quickly. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ashley, your link for email options doesn’t give any email options when using an iPad. I have no access to a computer and can’t call due to disability.  Could you please message me and tell me the email options?  

I sent a snail mail letter to the corporate offices in, i think, Nebraska, asking that they offer the options for the iPad. The letter went out Monday so if they respond, it won’t be for a few weeks. 

iPad and iPhone users are punished enough by having to use the devices!  

Login to Me Too

Catherine927
Contributor
Contributor

Dear @PayPal_AshleyM 

Without prejudice save as to costs.

@PayPal_AshleyM  said "Great questions". Thank you. Alas your answers were not satisfactory and remain vague.

Having looked at the payment in question on my account the tracking information was updated from the beginning, shows delivered for over a week and yet the payment remains held. Having tried to use the lamentable online messaging system that never responds with a human for hours if at all and is frequently off line and I have had no response. There is no offline email address or messaging system available it seems and you publish no postal address. Forgive me but Paypal just seem to be intent on just making it hard to contact them as possible  and worst than that, manufacturing specious reasons to, de-facto, keep my money and improve their cashflow with it. All of that is unacceptable to me and I am not going to just suck it up.

So you are saying I can't remove money from my account because there maybe an issue with the other guy? Why did you tell me that it was OK to ship the items then and that I had been paid, when it seems I haven't. Plus not being able to raise this with an actual human Paypal rep through my actual account means that you can be vague with your response because you are just another forum member albeit clearly a Paypal insider and able to instigate further trouble with my account, see below:

Plus, surprise surprise, having raised this issue here, the very same day my account is placed on hold with requests for more information such as photo ID, descriptions of items sold on ebay, all of which can be viewed from the payment transaction directly using the links within my account and in fact provided previously.

Can I suggest that if you think there is something nefarious going on with my account that you make a report to the police and have them investigate it. If you think there is an problem with the other guy sending me money then why was it possible for him to be sending me money in the first place for items that have clearly been shipped, delivered, and that I have photos for?

I neither use twitter nor facebook, but you are clearly listening here. Stop me if I am being too old school but I want to write direct to Paypal off line with a complaint and I want you to supply a copy of your complaints and escalation process and being an online Internet company I expect to be able to make a complaint through email. Failing that, in the end, I will make do with writing to your head office at  Paypal <removed>. Is that correct? Companies house show your office here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05468033  however when we get to that point you are in the final stages of me making a court claim.

You see there is no way out of this and however much you think you can hold me over a barrel by holding payments and making up reasons to put my account on hold, I can assure you it only seems that way because at some point, and very soon, I will simply go here: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome and make a money claim online through the county court and then at some point you get to have to justify yourself to a judge.

So what do you want to do? Keep on with the vague specious responses or release my account and stop messing me about with your nonsense?

How about that for a response worthy of a little "qudos", whatever that means.

Login to Me Too

jezza59
Contributor
Contributor

What a total load of rubbish i have had my funds on hold for nearly 3 weeks paypal chat has just given me lie after lie all because the buyer collect item signed a letter saying perfect left me pos feedback paypal want the buyer 2 say item has been picked up he is saying he is unable 2 do that well if pos feedback has been left that is saying he has seen item & picked up as it was collection only i have 1st class rating on my seller account but paypal just keep on telling me a load of grap if this is how u treat valid customers u got problems. MR Tubb

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.