Electric scooter for $29.99 +shipping ready for pickup 5/10/21.

GRACIE_mom
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an electric collapsible scooter on FB, through PayPal, (charged my credit card) and I cannot get any response from anyone! Details below:

Case ID

PP-D-114481791

Transaction amount

$34.97 USD

Disputed amount

$34.97 USD

Transaction date

May 4, 2021

Seller name

contact information

Transaction ID

23651338NK9565351

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GRACIE_mom 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Babbs7882
Contributor
Contributor

Wow I have purchased 2 of these scooters from different companies and never even received the product. I filed a dispute but the results were in the sellers favor because he sent a fake tracking number for item being shipped. PP is in bed with China I believe.

Login to Me Too

GRACIE_mom
Contributor
Contributor

Babbs7882, did you ever get a refund? I wanted the scooter for my husband.  I'd rather have it than a refund, but I am not going to wait much longer.  I think I should get the full refund AND get the merchandise, but of course that will never happen.  I am furious that I was ripped off.  We are retired and I cannot afford thousands for a scooter.  He just needs it to ride to our mailbox because he has congestive heart failure and loses his breath when he tries to walk very far.

Login to Me Too

Babbs7882
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gracie,

No I never received a refund nor ever will the seller told PayPal that it was delivered because they had a tracking number and the second seller I tried to buy from did the same thing. When PP saw they were from China they did not even bother I believe. I needed it because of the same problem. But check in your area for an organization called FODAC. They are for families for disable people and will provide you a power chair or scooter for just the cost of the batteries around $200. I got a scooter from them for $140.00 3 years ago. they will also repair them if you need it. They are used bu in great shape. I am in Georgia but I am sure you have one in your state. Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Babbs7882 

Guess you didn't want to take my advice as per my first post ie ''post back if you get fake tracking number and lose a dispute for more advice''.

@GRACIE_mom 

You haven't opened a dispute as per my first post advice?

Oh well, can only help some folks I guess.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GRACIE_mom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass,

I have a dispute filed both with PayPal and my credit card company.  Thanks for your advice.  I'm just not getting anywhere fast.  I probably will have to kiss the $35 goodbye and lesson learned.  These scam artists should not be allowed to put fake items up for sale.  I really wish I could get Facebook to do something about it.  Every time a new ad pops up I put my buyer beware info about my "purchase" and will continue to do so.  I'm a senior citizen and from other postings it looks like these people have made a fortune by such a "small" purchase of under $35.  They are lowest **bleep** on earth.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GRACIE_mom 

Don't give up, if you lose the dispute for fake tracking post back for more advice.

But loads of folks are being scammed by these China sites via Social Media and so all claims are taking a while to resolve, just wait it out and post back for more advice.

I am retired as well and hate scammers which is why I am always helping on here  😏

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.