Editing dispute

Kwright4
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased 2 portable printers for us$65 from China and was sent a $2 unusable rubber stamp. I have applied to PayPal for a refund as have clearly been ripped off (embarrassed to say that a recent search of the internet shows these people doing this to many other purchasers). So I’ve applied for a refund but now the seller has contacted me to say that if I don’t withdraw the PayPal claim, I’ll get nothing but if I withdraw the claim, they’ll refund the full amount. Of course I won’t be withdrawing the claim, but how am I protected by PayPal with this? I wanted to edit my dispute to say what they have threatened me with but it looks like you can’t. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kwright4 

Do not close dispute, escalate the dispute to claim to ask PayPal to step in. You will need to return item for a refund though if PayPal rules in your favor.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

The way these kinds of sellers do business is untenable. They don't have the real merchandise they actually sold but peddle these widgets and try to get more for them. Sigh.

I would also make a separate report to aup/compliance dept:

https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_AL

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kwright4
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much @sharpiemarker. How do I escalate the dispute? I can’t see any obvious option to do this. It’ll probably cost a heap to send that poxy stamp back to china; at what stage do I do this? I really appreciate your advice.
Login to Me Too

Kwright4
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks @sharpiemarker but there is no option to escalate the dispute. Maybe it needs to get to the “we’re reviewing the info” stage before I get that option?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kwright4,

Thank you for your reply. If the messaging shows that PayPal is reviewing the situation, it sounds like the dispute was already escalated to a claim. PayPal steps in to review the matter only after it's escalated out of the buyer/seller conversation stage and enters the claim stage.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Kwright4
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Olivia. I received an email this morning from PayPal saying that the seller has offered a resolution of a us$20 refund. I don’t think so! So I declined it and we’ll see what comes next.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.