Echeck held, then account limited...Funds stuck

Bobinni
New Community Member

I attempted to send a payment for $5460.00 to another Paypal user that I have sent funds to previously.

Paypal sent the payment as an "echeck" then placed a hold on the transfer for 7 days.

During that 7 days they took the funds from my checking account and "held it in my paypal account".

At the end of the 7 days, the cancelled the transaction and restricted my account for potential fraud.

Fine, whatever, not sure what fraud they were concerned I was committing by sending a second payment to another user...but so be it.

Now, my account is limited, they took the $5460.00 out of my account and are saying I cannot use Paypal any longer, to include transferring MY MONEY back to my checking account.

Several notes to customer service asking when I should expect to get my money back have gone nowhere for the last 10 days.

My money is still stuck in limbo

My bank said since I authorized the echeck they cannot cancel it and refund my mone.

What's the trick to get Paypal to give my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

lenaakong
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I sent an echeck to my friend and it haven’t been cleared. I am afraid that I will face the same problem as you faced. How did you resolve this problem?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.