Ebay seller scam (Sold me a damaged drone and claimed to be in mint condition)

Thomazchingy
Contributor
Contributor

So I purchased this drone on ebay as my bday present with a markup price because I didn’t want to order from the official website which I have to wait till next year for delivery. Seller emphasized that the drone to be in mint condition and never flown with 3 pictures uploaded in the listing, I have messaged him and asked why is it in mint condition when it has never flown and he claimed that he didn’t know how to figure out how to fly it with a SD card and he has another drone so he has decided to let this drone go.

Received at the freight forwarder warehouse last Monday, and have it delivered to my home address a week. I almost cry out when I opened the package, there are scratches and dents all over the battery as well as the gimbal of the drone. Obviously this drone has been flown multi times and landed on hard surfaces.

Contacted seller through ebay several times and he now claimed that he has never stated that the drone is new and it can have scratches when handling and the damages has shown in the pictures, and called me scammer at the end. I ensure you that the pictures he uploaded did not highlight or show the scratches or dents on the battery and drone, nor did he mention anything about the damages in the description or from the message we exchanged.

Opened dispute on PP right after comminuting with the seller as he just continuously calling me a scammer and everything has been shown in the pictures he uploaded in the listing. But I can't upload any picture as there's this error message everytime I hit the submit button. 

Is he gonna run away with the money just like that? TBH, it is ok to sell used items as long as he has mention the damaged areas and the scratches, but not selling a 50% new drone like that. It is just a disgrace to the ebay community.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.