Ebay seller fraudulently listed item location - item faulty - return now to china

b1c9g76
The seller says he was a sydney australia seller. See attached screenshot of the still visible ad.

If he provides a sydney address I will return it. The cost of returning this to china from Tasmania is more than the refund.

No way now to bring this up in the resolution centre.

It's just plain fraud and ebay/paypal seems to ignore it.

Case PP-D-55597529 if someone at paypal wants to conatct me. I seem to have no effective way of contacting you.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 8.01.38 am.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

b1c9g76

You're more interested in winning some pathetic argument with me than accepting the fact that the seller has clearly misrepresented their location. They say they're an AU Seller (they're not), the say the use Australia Post (they don't) and that the item location is in Sydney, Australia (it isn't).

But if I click into the site further, I'm supposed to discover they're in china. And you think this is ok?

I am not posting again. This is noise.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b1c9g76 

Can't see screenshot as won't show up until approved by the moderators.

However on an auction it states where the 'item location' is as that is where they despatch items from BUT the return of items is often back to where the seller is and if you click on the sellers feedback you will probably see they are based in China.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

b1c9g76

So that would fall under my assertion that ebay / paypal ignore or accept this practice.

A seller can't have it both ways. 

This doesn't cut it under Australian law. So we'll see what paypal does in the end.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b1c9g76 

As the sellers location is always shown on their auction you should look at that before you decide to bid on the item surely?

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

HOWEVER IF IT WAS AN EBAY TRANSACTION THEN THE DISPUTE PROCESS IS DIFFERENT AND AS LONG AS YOU FILE WITHIN 30 DAYS FOR ITEM RECEIVED BUT NOT AS DESCRIBED THEN EBAY NORMALLY GET THE SELLER TO SEND YOU A SHIPPING LABEL.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

b1c9g76

When you see the screenshot it has "AU SELLER" on it and the item location as Sydney, NSW.

Perhaps you should wait until you can see the screenshot before pasting boilerplate at me?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b1c9g76 

Most of what i posted still applies,..........so, your welcome. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

b1c9g76

So it's my fault is it?

Let's hope paypal has a better attitude towards this than you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b1c9g76 

Didn't say it was your fault, I ............

told you where the item 'return' information normally shows on ebay.

told you that items from China often don't show on item location.

told you IN BOLD PRINT how you may not have to pay return shipping if you file an Ebay and not a Paypal dispute.

told you if you did open a paypal dispute then theres a link I posted to help you get return shipping costs refunded.

told you if you funded it via a credit card then you may have more luck with a chargeback.

so if my ''attitude'' giving you all that information didn't help then bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

b1c9g76

As this tread quickly runs towards Godwins law you opened with: 

"As the sellers location is clearly shown on their auction then you should look at that before you decide to bid on the item surely?"

So I ignored the rest. 

The your welcome bit at the end would get you a punch in the face where I'm from.

The eternal september is really getting on my **bleep** these days.

Please stop commenting - let someone else have a go.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b1c9g76 

"As the sellers location is clearly shown on their auction then you should look at that before you decide to bid on the item surely?"

Yep posted perfectly correct information, sellers location IS show on their auction, they have to post their location when they open an Ebay account and you should check that first.

The your welcome bit at the end would get you a punch in the face where I'm from.

Yep ignorant and unintelligent people usually resort to violence, glad I don't live in your country then.

Please stop commenting - let someone else have a go.

Not much point, you have been given all the information you require, so.....................YOUR WELCOME  🤣 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.