Ebay scam

Onerater64
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, guys.  I was wondering If anyone could help me? see I've just been scammed by an ebay seller who sold me an a graphics card on and told me to transfer money to him through paypal. I've tried filing a dispute with Paypal but because I transferred through "Friends and Family" I was only able to file through an unauthorized purchase and they they said there was no problem. I'm currently trying to message them but Haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone have any solutions to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Onerater64 ,

Hope everything is well.

This must be really hard for you right now.

Unfortunately since the payment was processed as "family and friends" the transaction is no longer eligible for our buyer protection program.

I highly suggest to call your credit card issuer or your bank for other options.

A few tips on how to avoid being scammed.

What are common scams and how do I spot them? 

I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos and accepting it as a solution. ******

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Onerater64 ,

Hope everything is well.

This must be really hard for you right now.

Unfortunately since the payment was processed as "family and friends" the transaction is no longer eligible for our buyer protection program.

I highly suggest to call your credit card issuer or your bank for other options.

A few tips on how to avoid being scammed.

What are common scams and how do I spot them? 

I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos and accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.