Ebay refund / PayPal

titchyyyyy
New Community Member

Hi all.

I sold an item on eBay weeks ago for £200 for my boyfriend. It was a digital item and lets just say, we've learned from our mistakes and won't be selling digital items online again because the buyer reported his account and the purchase as being 'unauthorised' and the dispute has been settled with the buyer getting his refund back, so we're £200 down and the digital item has been redeemed, of course. The refund will be taken from my account in 10 days.

The biggest issue I face is - I have a family of 4 and the little money I have in my account is to be used for rent/food to keep us going. We simply cannot afford to just throw £200 away to PayPal. We will obviously NEED to pay the money back and know that we have to do this but I'd rather use my current money on looking after my family than paying back something we were scammed for.

In 10 days time, when eBay take the money for the refund, will it leave us in a negative balance in PayPal or will they salvage the money from my linked card / bank account?

I don't want to go down the route of having to unlink my cards / withdraw money from the cash machine so that the account is empty, but if needs be...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.