Ebay order wasn't cancelled refund failed

chris1234561
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all hope some one can help, i received this email (below) from PayPal but can't understand how this has happened, my banking info hasn't changed at all?

"We couldn't cancel your order because the refund to your original payment method failed.

Please contact your financial institution to address this issue."

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Chris

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jasper98
New Community Member

I had this issue too. I won an auction, paid, and then the seller cancelled the order without explanation. But the refund failed, so it still isn't cancelled. The seller re-listed the item, so I'm pretty certain I'm not going to receive it, so I definitely require a refund.

I've opened a dispute with eBay, no contact from the seller. I've read that opening a dispute with PayPal will close the eBay dispute, so I'm going to let the eBay dispute run its course and then if I have to, open a PayPal dispute.

I've also read that apparently when the refund fails like that, it means the seller had insufficient funds, but I don't know how true that is. I'll wait for someone actually familiar with this process to way in on that one.

Hopefully both you and I will get our money back.

Login to Me Too

tonytang70
New Community Member

I also had exactly the same problem in the past couple of weeks.

I bought a mifi device from a UK Ebay seller. They first stated through Ebay messages they posted the item. Then they said they had lost the item and would refund the money. The seller does not respond to any messages now.

I got the same messages as yourselves.  I hope to get this resolved but it would take time....

Does anyone have any advice for further course of action to resolve this?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

chris1234561
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I have called eBay and they have filed a claim against the seller so hopefully 3rd June I will get my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.