Ebay help!! Who pays return postage cost when return requested

Jennyd1985
Contributor
Contributor

Horrible service with Ebay and now launching a Paypal dispute hoping they may be better but I’m wanting to know will the seller or Paypal pay the return postage cost for an item not fully received. It’s been 5 weeks now and I still only have a part of an outdoor couch!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennyd1985

Buyer pays return BUT paypal help with those costs as long as you have activated the below link at some time BEFORE you made the transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jennyd1985
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply! No I had no idea about the return option and I guess I never thought it was necessary unfortunately and the return postage will cost at least $100 as it’s a big outdoor lounge weighting over 30-50kg. I just really don’t understand how we paid for an item in full, have still not received it, over a month late and now we’re possibly going to be out of pocket to just simply get our money back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennyd1985

If its a registered business in your country then can you not claim against them ie the small claims court or similar?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jennyd1985
Contributor
Contributor
To be honest I have not even looked at that as yet as it’s been so stressful dealing with Ebay and I thought given Ebays “buyer protection” I wouldn’t have to worry. I now realise that Ebay are just as hard to communicate or reason with as the terrible seller hence why I’m now trying to have Paypal step in.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.